Deep6 Wetsuit Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The kevlar reinforcements on my Deep6 3mm are only on the kneecap side, not the "kneepit" side. Since they can be seen in the photo, I'd say we are looking the suit from the front.

@RayfromTX that's neat. Other wetsuit relief zippers I have seen were diagonal. Top end somewhere between belly button and the goodies, running 8 or 10 inches down one leg -- seems the vertical placement here is superior. Do you find it easy to use both in-water and out?
actually yes

@RayfromTX I called Chris at Terrapin today, she seemed very nice and helpful. She described the normal placement they do for men's relief zippers: 8-inch zipper, positioned with zipperhead at the top, centered near the apex of the inseam, running vertically upward, and then down the leg of your choice (the zipper may end up twisting slightly as it goes down the leg just a bit). From the photos, looks like yours was done this way, is that accurate?

She also expressed concern that the BC's crotch strap might push on the zipper head, creating a pressure point there. Have you found this to be the case? You did mention earlier that vertical beats horizontal with a crotch strap, just wondering if there's any value in offsetting the zipper so that its head does not land under the crotch strap when closed.

I haven't had a problem although access to it sometimes means moving the crotch strap to the side. I don't use a scooter so not sure if that would be an issue.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't use a scooter either, and it's not on my short list of expensive things to buy :)

I'll send my suit off to Terrapin tomorrow or the next day

Someone needs to explain to me how a relief zipper works on a wetsuit. I presume between dives, unless the diver is expected to kinda reach down, unzip, and release the hounds and water the reef?

Seriously. What is the deal with a relief zipper on a wetsuit? I get the urge during the dive. No way I'm holding it until I get out - and when I gotta go between dives, I'll just take off the suit.

Is relief zipper to wetsuit what pee valve is to dry suit? I mean, during-the-dive, on-the-trigger dehydration device?

Curious. Never heard of such a thing on a wetsuit.

- K
Make me think of the Angler fish.

For those that got the 7mm. I commented on how tight the forearms are because of the black gusset reinforcement in the inside. It did not feel like it had any stretch. I shoved a Tervis cup down each sleeve and left the widest part at that point for about a week. It seems to have stretched out and is not uncomfortably tight in that area now. So if you find that calf or forearm area tight try stretching it out with a cup. The tervic cup works nice because I can gently stretch it by working the cup a little deep every few days.
View attachment 555396

Just got my 7mm yesterday; same situation for me. The joint where the outer zipper cuff thing sews onto the liner creates a ring around each sleeve. On the outside, there's orange seam tape, and inside is black backing. Entirely too tight to fit up my forearm, so the cuff/end of the wrists fall halfway up my hand, almost on my knuckles. I've got gorilla arms, the sleeves on everything I buy are always too short, so it's just the inability to pull that ring far enough up my arm. Believe me, I tried haha. I've got a couple Nalgene bottles stuffed down the sleeves right now. No perceptible improvement overnight, so I had to dig back and see what others said. Thanks for posting your "fix," now I won't be afraid of leaving them in for a few days.

Otherwise, fit is awesome! This thing is heavy compared to my Bare.

My Deep6 7mm arrived today. Wow! Feels awesomely built. Fits well.

The arm and leg gussets go well into the suit. As in from wrist/ankle to 8" well into the suit. Not some 1" gusset flap. All the orange lines in the photos are some rubber compound they covered all the seams with. The back of the knee is some more flexible ribbed material. Wow. Nice Nice Nice job Deep6! I'd buy a 3mm as well if they still had small. I'd love a custom farmer john and hooded beaver tail built like this.

On sizing: I'm 5'9" 135-140lb. 30x32 pants, 14 1/2 x 32-33 shirt. 38 chest. Legs come to the ankle bone, arms almost onto the hand. The midriff might get loose if I lose a little padding I've accumulated.

I'll have to check out the crotch zip mod, as it's unlikely to get wet soon. Seems a shame to add a water entry point though, hmm, a hard choice. My farmer johns do not flush and I've learned I don't like them or me stinking, might just stick with that plan. Depends on where I plan to use it.

Hmm, I seem to be right on the border of sizing. 5'9/160lbs/38" chest, which is the maximum of the small.

Do you think I should size up to the medium where it might be slightly loose, or stick with the small and just assume a very snug fit?

Snug is warm, loose is not. The 3mm will stretch.

Hmm, I seem to be right on the border of sizing. 5'9/160lbs/38" chest, which is the maximum of the small.

Do you think I should size up to the medium where it might be slightly loose, or stick with the small and just assume a very snug fit?
For reference I am 5'7"/160 ish/39" chest I have the small in 3mm and 7mm. I tried the 3mm medium and it felt a bit loose so I went to a small and am happy with the fit. It is slightly long on me so length for you should fit fine. I noticed the 3mm has loosened a bit with time and feels just right. I have not dove the 7mm yet to see if it acts the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom