Dive Report: Anacapa Island Off The Peace. Sat. July 25th, 2020.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shucksun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was out on the Peace Dive Boat for the first time since the boat changed hands and the Covid-19 restrictions are in place. I am happy to report that the "new" crew (some new faces and some familiar ones) are carrying out the same high level of service that the Peace has historically been known for.
We made three dives; Goldfish Bowl, Coral Reef and Cat Rock. Surface conditions were overcast skies, low wind and swell which allowed diving on the outside of the island. At all three sites the water pretty much looked like undiluted Simple Green. Below the surface viz was 10'-15'; a very hazy green. Coral Reef was the highlight, there is a nice wall there that I only got a glimpse of, decent kelp and lots of fish.
Temps were 60F, with it feeling colder than that in my older 7mm two piece wetsuit.

Thx for posting. Anacapa on the Peace is one of my all time Top 10 dive trips!!

Back
Top Bottom