Camera accesories: How do you store & access them during dive ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AA1

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,
Looking for advice particularly with my newly acquired, but yet to get wet, Backscatter Mini Flash + Snoot.

Snoot, strobe diffuser, Snoot aperture cards - they are going to go on and off the strobe dependent on a specific shot set up hence need to be accessible and stored safely. The current lanyards on the Backscatter accessories are thin black cord (challenges my dexterity).

Asking for your opinion and experience ...
Do you bag them (accessory pouch - recommend)?
Do you clip them to you D ring?
Do you change the lanyard to suit dexterity (but too bulky a lanyard would hinder shot)?

I am odds on to misplace (and lose) an item - looking for a practical solution

Thank you in anticipation for your wise counsel.

Albert

Difficult to suggest anything specific without seeing your rig, but I’ve found bungee loops (small diameter cord) and small/medium swiveling bolt snaps to be helpful for various gear storage issues. Picturing something like:
  • have a spare medium bolt snap and/or bungee loop somewhere convenient on your rig as a “third hand” for stuff you’re not actively using
  • keep the snoot inside a pocket clipped by bolt snap on a bungee loop to a D-ring when not actively using it
  • add bungee loops or tie wraps (possibly with small swiveling bolt snaps) on the diffuser and cards
  • keep diffuser / cards stowed in a pocket or on the “third hand” when they’re not on the strobe or snoot
You may be able to manage with less hardware in warm water, but with gloves you’ll likely want something easy to manipulate. A climber’s rack concept comes to mind for the amount of stuff you’re looking to use. Hope this is helpful.

Lance

I have a bag that I can attach to one of straps on my Zeagle Zena. I'll drop the snoot in there until I need it. When I use my regular snoot, I clip it one of the D-rings on my BCD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom