Hard socks for Scuba Pro Go Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvbellomo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Relatively new diver - and I love my Scuba Pro Go Travel fins. For those that don't know, these are a strapped fin meant to go over bare feet, although I usually wear a very thin neoprene sock. This was a great solution for the Bahamas, but I just took a Stress and Rescue course that involved hours in shallow cold water with sharp rocks.

I could not walk on the neoprene socks without fins, as they get shredded, so I was comically stumbling all weekend trying to walk in full fins. Sharp rocks also hurt bare feet.

The expensive solution is to get a pair of fins made to be worn over thick heavy boots. But I am not sure how much cold water diving I am going to do, I won't spend a lot of time walking in scuba gear outside this course, and even in 58 degree water, my feet weren't cold (or at least not as cold as the rest of me).

Can I wear something thick enough to walk on rocks with my scuba pro go fins? Even minimal protection for my feet is fine but I want boots that won't be destroyed in 30 minutes. Any suggestions how thick to go? Too thick and the fins won't fit right, too thin and the rocks will just shred them.

Great thought. I was looking for scuba boots, but I have a pair of Vibrams (not those) that would have worked.

Please take a look at these "socks" . They might be the solution you are looking for.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Rock-Socks-with-Kevlar-Soles-p/mrsks.htm

MRSKS-2T.jpg

Rock Socks with Kevlar Soles
Attention California Shore Divers!

Rock Socks by MAKO Spearguns have soles made of Kevlar. That’s right! KEVLAR SOLES! I guarantee no other freedive socks are more durable than the MAKO Spearguns Rock Socks.

And guess what…They are made from 100% Genuine Yamamoto Neoprene. So, you get the most durable socks in the world and the most comfortable and the warmest socks ever made.

This is another example of MAKO quality at an amazing price.

What other freedive socks have Kevlar soles and made with 100% genuine Yamamoto neoprene?

NONE!

Why?

Because a sock with these features, sold at a dive shop would cost around $70.00 per pair. But, because MAKO sells direct to divers (no dive shop markup), we can offer the highest quality products for a lot less than dive shop prices.

These are the most durable freedive socks ever made!

Available in 3mm thickness

Features Include
  • The best neoprene in the world (Yamamoto neoprene)
  • 3 dimensional cut (left and right) for the best fit and amazing comfort
  • Non-skid KEVLAR sole for increased traction on boats and durability
  • Toes have abrasion resistant material to prevent toe nail cuts
  • All seams are glued, stitched AND welded to make a water tight seal and prevent unraveling of stitching from the high wear areas that contact the fin pocket.

NOTE: These Kevlar Soled socks do add a ½ size to your foot size.
  • If your foot pockets are a bit loose when you wear non Kevlar sole socks, then your foot pockets will fit perfectly with the Kevlar sole socks.
  • If your foot pockets fit perfectly when you wear non Kevlar Sole socks, then your foot pockets will be too tight with the Kevlar sole socks.

Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom