Amphos Air Battery O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RNININF

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm trying to find the correct O-ring for the Amphos Air computer and transmitter battery compartment O-rings. I've contacted a few shops and they just keep telling me it's a special O-ring that only comes in the battery kits. I think it's ridiculous to spend the amount they sell these kits for just a single battery and one O-ring. I like to keep multiple O-rings and a few batteries in my dive kit just in case. I posted a thread a long time ago and had a few suggested sizes that I ordered but none were correct.

I can't imagine these O-rings are particularly special but I want to make sure I get that exact correct size so my computer and transmitter don't flood.

Thanks for any help

@RNININF,

Assuming you are referring to the Sherwood Amphos, yes the Oring is a special size and almost impossible to get. Is the same size used by Tusa Zen and Oceanic Geo. My advice: don't try t cut corners and buy the Kit on eBay from Battastic ($ 9.50). Once you get the Oring, measure it, and let us know where else we can buy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom