Baby Shampoo Ratio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I decided to give the baby shampoo solution a try for my defoging.
For those that uses such a mix, what do you mix t with and what ratio?

Wonder if this has the same negative effects on the reefs as does suntan lotions? We bought reef approved lotions for our upcoming CZM trip...

I was going to go with a 1:4 ratio if I didn’t get a reply.
Thanx

A max concentration of 3 parts water + 1 part BS down to a ten-to-one ratio. Straight BS before a dive is, IMHO, a PIA. You are going to end up rinsing it in something before you can see clearly. Diluted BS gives you the same result with a lot less hassle.

Just use it straight, 2-3 drops per side and rub it in.
I used to do that too.

Now, I clean then coat my mask with a thin film of full strength BS before I put it away...

I’m not a fan of straight up. It’s also why I hate those commercial defogger. But since it is now not ok to spit in your mask, well baby shampoo it is.

Straight BS before a dive is, IMHO, a PIA. You are going to end up rinsing it in something before you can see clearly. Diluted BS gives you the same result with a lot less hassle.

Interesting, I've always rinsed my mask before splashing so it's never been an issue. On a boat, I just use my water bottle (which is in my bin at my feet) to rinse right before I splash. I can see where the no rinse method would be useful. After 30+ years of diving, I'm probably too old to change my habits now! :D

Back
Top Bottom