Baby Shampoo Ratio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi - just hopping in here to let everyone know that we have a brand new amazing defog! Yeah, yeah we're a bit biased, but no joke - this is one of the BEST defogs you'll ever use! Even the gentlest baby shampoos contain parabens, sulfates, and surfactants that can be very toxic to aquatic life. NEW Reef-friendly Mask Defog - Stream2Sea

the 2 live aboards i have been on used 20% sol in a pump spray bottle

Interesting, I've always rinsed my mask before splashing so it's never been an issue. On a boat, I just use my water bottle (which is in my bin at my feet) to rinse right before I splash. I can see where the no rinse method would be useful. After 30+ years of diving, I'm probably too old to change my habits now! :D
i usually apply defog, pop the blurry mask on, hop off the boat, then rinse it out when im in the water

Hi - just hopping in here to let everyone know that we have a brand new amazing defog! Yeah, yeah we're a bit biased, but no joke - this is one of the BEST defogs you'll ever use! Even the gentlest baby shampoos contain parabens, sulfates, and surfactants that can be very toxic to aquatic life. NEW Reef-friendly Mask Defog - Stream2Sea

I’m willing to give it a try and write a review if you send me one for free .
I don’t mind eating crow but so far, I never had a commercial defogger that worked well.

I don’t mind eating crow but so far, I never had a commercial defogger that worked well.
I'll send you a dm. :cool:

the 2 live aboards i have been on used 20% sol in a pump spray bottle
1:5? Yeah, fine. A tad concentrated for me.

I'll send you a dm. :cool:
Nice way to do biz! :clapping:

Just as a point of reference for the ongoing discussion: In another thread, I found the lower useful limit to be roughly 100 parts water plus 1 part BS. It barely (sorta kinda) works.

Especially when you throw in the cost differential between BS and the commercial defoggers. Personally, I use the BS straight, letting it dry a bit before splashing. I rinse it with whatever bottle of water I have.

You might want to check your information on baby shampoos. According to Johnson's Baby Shampoo's website and ingredients on the label, there are no parabens or sulfates in their baby shampoo, which I have been using as a mask defog since 1965, and for shampooing kids' heads since 1970. I do not know about surfactants in the baby shampoo, but cannot get too bent out of shape about that considering all the other really toxic crap we humans are putting in the ocean. I wish you success with your mask defog marketing, but after trying and disliking most commercial mask defogs, I'll stick with what I know works, doesn't burn my eyes, and is really inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom