For warm water divers only. Would you consider diving in cold water during travel restrictions?

For warm water divers only, are you willing to dive locally in cold water during travel restrictions

• Yes

Votes: 31 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Only if I get a drysuit

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • It's too cold, even in a drysuit

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • There is no local diving near me

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I've never considered it, but am willing to try it

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • I love cold water diving

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • There is nothing to see

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Living in So Cal, I suppose I'm a cold water diver. I want to be a warm water diver when I grow up. That being said I wistfully looked at my 3 ml and dive skin, pushed them aside, and pulled out my heavy 7 ml getting ready for Women's Dive Day! I can't say I'm not excited. Resigned, and excited.

Would you consider diving in cold water during travel restrictions?

No, I wouldn't travel north to go diving, I would just dive locally. :D

My dive buddy and I have been talking about going back to cold water diving, but there are lot of barriers. I'd have to replace my drysuit (minimally the seals, but I suspect it shrunk), and get confident / trained again in it. I don't own a car, and most local diving is several hours of driving away. Renting cars right now is a bit weird, like everything else. Probably I'd need a new BC or switch to backplate and wings. At the moment, it seems like too much. We still have a couple of pre-covid booked liveaboards. I suspect taking those trips (or not being able to) will help us decide.

Lots of diving in your area.

Yes, lots of good diving! In fact, heading out today!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom