Baby Shampoo Ratio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last time I went to buy a travel size bottle of JJ Baby shampoo all they had was a shampoo/body wash. It is a little lighter in color than the regular shampoo but works just as well. I am in hte same camp, spread a drop or two prior to the dive, once in rinse and go. This method has worked great for me. But now that I think of it there are quite a few babies with very littlehair, wonder what they put in the stuff.

A max concentration of 3 parts water + 1 part BS down to a ten-to-one ratio. Straight BS before a dive is, IMHO, a PIA. You are going to end up rinsing it in something before you can see clearly. Diluted BS gives you the same result with a lot less hassle

OK, so if you don't read "BS" as baby shampoo, this is absolutely hilarious.

I’m not a fan of straight up. It’s also why I hate those commercial defogger. But since it is now not ok to spit in your mask, well baby shampoo it is.

Wha?! I can't spit in my mask anymore? Why not? No one else is going to be using it but me.

OK, so if you don't read "BS" as baby shampoo, this is absolutely hilarious.

I thought I was the only one. When I first started reading the read, I was wondering why folks thought it was all BS! :rofl3:

Wha?! I can't spit in my mask anymore? Why not? No one else is going to be using it but me.

Every time you exhale, you release respiratory droplets that could contain viral particles. When you speak or spit, you're releasing a much larger volume of droplets at higher velocities. Thus, more likely to spread those virus laden particles.

very small amount full strength after it dries rinse prior to decending.

I didn't have much luck using baby shampoo and trying to figure out ratios of baby shampoo and water seems like a lot of faff.

This stuff below works great for me. It's thick so I put one small drop on the left and right lens area, spread it evenly, let it dry, rinse and enjoy two crystal-clear dives. The small carabiner makes it pretty handy, too.

No relation or interest in the company, just a satisfied customer.

Mask Defog | 500PSI

So I decided to give the baby shampoo solution a try for my defoging.
For those that uses such a mix, what do you mix t with and what ratio?
Full strength on a dry surface. You'll only need a drop on each side. Spread it around over entire surface with your finger tip. Rinse just before splashing. The key I have learnt is that the glass has to be proper dry. Water will prevent it from truly coating/adhering to the surface.
A bottle will last a very long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom