Suggestions For Tattoos Solicited for Scar Screening Sketches.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Screenshot_20200728-232154~2.png
Add a fish head and tail, with the scar as the body!

It can take at least a year for a scar to fade. It's just me, but I wouldn't be making any drastic moves as much as I like mermaid themes.

My personal position has always been that life marks us up enough without doing it to ourselves on purpose.

And have you ever seen tattoos on the elderly?

Many years ago, I was speaking with a young person at my work place and said as much and wasn't she concerned about how it would look when she was much older. Her reply was that it wouldn't matter because all of the old folks of her generation would look the same. It would be normal.

A butterfly with a scar being the body. I saw it once when scar was raised (did not heal very well) and the “body” of a butterfly looked 3-D because of that. Really cool. On the other hand, I don’t mind wearing my scars or looking at scars, as there is usually a good story behind it.

So I got that total hip replacement and I am truly grateful for modern medicine.
But still this 10” long scar along outside of hip is going to show below any female’s bathing suit, (I don’t want to wear board shorts) and once my doctor signs off on it, a single, “watchoolookinat?” tattoo is in the plans.
Suggestions please.

I wear my scars and I have many, proudly. They were hard earned and believe it or not hold some fond memories of how they were earned. Just like gray hair and balding I earned I'm showin' em off. :wink: You should too, IMO.

I've always liked these types as well... more feminine and spectacular if you find the right artist.
Annotation 2020-07-29 074111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom