Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get your housing yet???Or was this a "dry" shot??:)
Good to hear the numbers are back. Used to be on a calm clear day, the whole of the North Sound was littered with this guys..

Dry shot from above. At this rate I may never get the replacement housing. Probably just buy a new one (not SeaFrogs) if/when we get back to the US. Watched a huge school of silversides being corralled by a fat baracuda while snorkeling our reef an hour ago. Really do wish I had the camera.

DSC06303 2.jpeg

Little Cayman last December. This was at Cumber's Caves ( I think ), on the mini wall, during the safety stop.
I scared my self a little getting close enough to get the image.

View attachment 598428

Little Cayman last December. This was at Cumber's Caves ( I think ), on the mini wall, during the safety stop.
I scared my self a little getting close enough to get the image.

Yes, he does seem to be a little too curious. I know you can do amazing things with apparent distance using different lens, but just how close was the very curious fish?

I had a standard lens on taking the Barracuda shot. Maybe 8-12 inches away. He was actually at a cleaning station.

I had a standard lens on taking the Barracuda shot. Maybe 8-12 inches away. He was actually at a cleaning station.

By allowing you to get that close and looking at the scars on its face, I believe this cuda thinks that it is the alpha animal in any encounter

I'm sure you were referring to this Sandbar...
View attachment 598507

LOL. I don’t see any rays drinking CayBrew. I am glad to see the continued quarantine has not impacted your sense of humor. Be safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom