Mail Order Computer Rental - Shearwater Teric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Problem I see is abuse and loss of product...idk about you guys, but I see the way people treat rentals...I wouldn't want to let someone I don't personally know within 10ft of my computer unsupervised... But let's say someone damages your computer... How you gonna get money out of them to repair... Let's say they just never send it back... I believe dive shops haveihave that they can claim against if something happens... You're just sol... You can say they have to have an account here... But that's not hard... Say they have to have x number of posts... Also not hard to manage... But then I also tend to not trust people...

You either take a deposit for the full value. Or you get insurance for your rental business that covers loss. And collect a deposit equal to the deductible on your insurance.

It sounds like a great business opprotunity... for someone besides me. I guess I will just bite the bullet and pick up the Peregrine AI when it comes out. Unless someone has a used Peregrine for sell yet. :wink:

Anyone renting out dive computer through ScubaBoard. With the high cost of them, I wonder if it is profitable to rent them out. I have three Shearwater Teric's for the family that just sit idle 90% of the year.

What's your thoughts?
You can rent from a local dive shop. Selection may not be what you want but they are there.

Problem I see is abuse and loss of product...idk about you guys, but I see the way people treat rentals...I wouldn't want to let someone I don't personally know within 10ft of my computer unsupervised...

Meh. The problem is not renting a computer, the problem's "try before you buy" renting of the computer. You can rent a Puck/Leo/Zoop from many/most ops that rent gear and run dives. Just not the computer the OP wants to rent, and not by mail order.

Back
Top Bottom