Tools for Creating Number and Letter Impressions on Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Umm. ... A Sharpie!

seriously, Why would you want to be stamping things into your HP tanks?

**and you should see how thin the walls are on steel tanks. I would never buy a used tank that had home-brew stamping all over it.
Thickest part is there (crown):
View attachment 601214

Keep in mind, a stamp is not much different than a pit.... a tank can be condemned for pits...

If you will be doing a lot, a custom stamp might be worth the cost possibly faster and more difficult to change than standard letter/number combination.

Custom Steel Hand Stamp for Metals

Thank you but the stamping will used for putting dive center's initials and special numbers for about 30 or so Tanks just once per Tank.

Umm. ... A Sharpie!

seriously, Why would you want to be stamping things into your HP tanks?

**and you should see how thin the walls are on steel tanks. I would never buy a used tank that had home-brew stamping all over it.

They aren't going to be "all over" the Tank and not any deeper than the standard markings made by the mfg. or the Hydro testing facility on the Tank anyways.

If you are doing this for a fleet of shop tanks, I suppose that makes more sense. But I would certainly discuss it with your hydro facility first. It may be just me, but I don’t want to give them any reason to question my tanks.

They aren't going to be "all over" the Tank and not any deeper than the standard markings made by the mfg. or the Hydro testing facility on the Tank anyways.

If you are doing this for a fleet of shop tanks, I suppose that makes more sense. But I would certainly discuss it with your hydro facility first. It may be just me, but I don’t want to give them any reason to question my tanks.

Lol, I am in Libya, no hydro testing facilities at all here, none. TOTAL freedom :D

I was thinking of starting a hydro facility here and have talked to hydro testing equipment mfg in the US a while back but the costs are too high especially considering the extreme devaluation of the Libyan currency these days. It will be a nice thing to do here but will have to wait until the war issues are sorted out and our currency is back to normal.

Burhan, you’re going to end up with some ghetto looking stamps on your tins.

If it’s for a dive center, these will look way more professional and easier to spot.

Reflective Name Stickers (30mm - 45mm text) [NAMESTR-0002] - £3.50 : DiveSigns.com: Reflective hard wearing vinyl stickers for all your diving needs..., Be Seen When It Counts

Once on, they take a lot of Goo Gone and scraping to peel off.

Stickers have to come off the tanks at Visual Inspection time to see if there is underlying damage, why would you put a sticker on a tank that is that hard to remove?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom