DIR- GUE GUE fundamentals, tec pass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the diver is doing 120-130' stage decompression dives, that is Tec 1, not Rec-3

But it's not. T1 is 30 min of deco and 170',. Rec 3 is 10 min and 130' They aren't the same thing...

130' and 170' is not the same thing nor is 10 min and 30 min.

unless all you are doing is touching the bottom and coming up.....then why do it?

With rec 3, looks like you could do about 15 min dives at that depth. 15 minutes is not the same as just touching the bottom and coming up.

All of your time will be used productively - sometimes as much as 17-18 hours per day,

I’d like to know which instructor only sleeps for 4hrs during a class.

In reality from people who have actually done a class, it’s 10 hours of instruction a day on average.

“What if I only want to dive to 40’? OW certifies people to 60! 2deep4me!”

“what if I only want to cave dive on the mainline to thirds? Cave 2 uses stages and jumps! 2far4me!”

If you want to tech dive, learn to tech dive. If you want to cave dive, learn to cave dive. If you want to Ow dive, learn to ow dive.

But it's not. T1 is 30 min of deco and 170',. Rec 3 is 10 min and 130' They aren't the same thing...

130' and 170' is not the same thing nor is 10 min and 30 min.

With rec 3, looks like you could do about 15 min dives at that depth. 15 minutes is not the same as just touching the bottom and coming up.

I see this mentality all the time with young kids and swimming. "stay out of the deep end" as if the deep end is any more dangerous to a child as the shallow end. When my daughter leaned to swim, the pool was open, deep end or shallow. (actually had to explain that to my wife who was not a water person).

Mandatory decompression is just that, mandatory. 15 min or 30 min, dont matter, same as depth, 120, 130, or 170. Same procedures, same risks, same amount of training. But Rec 3 doesn't let them use the optimum gas, that is "bamboozling".

"Why not just take T2 before doing 150' dives? It's more than adequate!"
Tech 2 is dramatically different.

Hypoxic gases and multiple deco bottles and stages. Not at all the same as tech 1.

15 min or 30 min, dont matter, same as depth, 120, 130, or 170. Same procedures, same risks, same amount of training. But Rec 3 doesn't let them use the optimum gas, that is "bamboozling".

And what are you going to get with optimum gas? 2 less minutes of deco? As if that really matter? It doesn't.

I see this mentality all the time with young kids and swimming. "stay out of the deep end" as if the deep end is any more dangerous to a child as the shallow end. When my daughter leaned to swim, the pool was open, deep end or shallow. (actually had to explain that to my wife who was not a water person).

This mentality can also be used to describe people who want to do T1 but not T2. How come you don't want to do T2? What is is too deep for you, stop being a puss! :rofl3:

The deep end is not open for T1 either.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom