Indonesia - boats sailing, CKG, DPS, SOQ open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cert1967

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Indonesia - schedules show LABs sailing, but US Embassy reports no entry for tourists

Did anyone book on a Indo LAB for Aug-Dec 2021?

Is your boat planning to sail? Communications?

What happened to your money?

What have you heard from your LAB company?

Landbased - anyone still hold bookings and what have your heard?

USA Embassy info below.

COVID-19 Information | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Indonesia

Foreigners who are permitted to enter Indonesia per the Minister of Law and Human Rights Regulation No. 11/2020:
  1. Holders of Limited Stay Permit (ITAS) and Permanent Stay Permit (ITAP)
  2. Holders of Diplomatic Visa (Visa Diplomatik) and Service Visa (Visa Dinas)
  3. Holders of Diplomatic Stay Permit (Izin Tinggal Diplomatik) and Service Stay Permit (Izin Tinggal Dinas)
  4. Aid and support staff for medical, food and humanitarian reasons
  5. Transportation crew members
  6. Working on national strategic project
Additional restrictions could be put into effect with little or no advance notice. All foreigners entering Indonesia must present a health certificate and will be subject to additional screening upon arrival, including COVID-19 tests conducted at the airport, and may be subject to quarantine requirements. Travelers are strongly advised to review entry requirements at the website of Indonesian Immigration.​

Arenui's website has sailings for
Explorer Ventures website has sailings for
Fleet Schedules and Availability | Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving
  • White Manta
    • Aug2, Aug10, Aug18 and beyond
  • Blue Manta
    • Aug4, Aug13, Aug25
Damai

• Damai 1
    • Canceled - Jul20, Jul31, Aug12
    • Sailing - Sep16 and beyond
  • Damai 2
    • Canceled - Aug16, Aug25
    • Sailing - Sep07 and beyond
Agressor
  • Komodo, sailing 9/28
  • Raja Ampat, no trips until Jan2021

I am supposed to be on the Sept 16th sailing on the Damai... I don't see it happening. They are asking for final payment. I have said not until I see an official statement of opening (like from Jokowi, not just from the gov. of Bali) and see flights become available. We also had another sailing right after on a different boat which is stuck in Sorong so I don't see that one happening either. I am thinking it will be near impossible to pull it off not to mention risky. My money is on Indo not letting Americans in anyway, even if they open. Too many unanswerable questions right now.

Indonesia - schedules show LABs sailing, but US Embassy reports no entry for tourists

Did anyone book on a Indo LAB for Aug-Dec 2021?

Is your boat planning to sail? Communications?

What happened to your money?

What have you heard from your LAB company?

Landbased - anyone still hold bookings and what have your heard?

USA Embassy info below.

COVID-19 Information | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Indonesia

Foreigners who are permitted to enter Indonesia per the Minister of Law and Human Rights Regulation No. 11/2020:
  1. Holders of Limited Stay Permit (ITAS) and Permanent Stay Permit (ITAP)
  2. Holders of Diplomatic Visa (Visa Diplomatik) and Service Visa (Visa Dinas)
  3. Holders of Diplomatic Stay Permit (Izin Tinggal Diplomatik) and Service Stay Permit (Izin Tinggal Dinas)
  4. Aid and support staff for medical, food and humanitarian reasons
  5. Transportation crew members
  6. Working on national strategic project
Additional restrictions could be put into effect with little or no advance notice. All foreigners entering Indonesia must present a health certificate and will be subject to additional screening upon arrival, including COVID-19 tests conducted at the airport, and may be subject to quarantine requirements. Travelers are strongly advised to review entry requirements at the website of Indonesian Immigration.​

Arenui's website has sailings for
Explorer Ventures website has sailings for
Fleet Schedules and Availability | Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving
  • White Manta
    • Aug2, Aug10, Aug18 and beyond
  • Blue Manta
    • Aug4, Aug13, Aug25
Damai

• Damai 1
    • Canceled - Jul20, Jul31, Aug12
    • Sailing - Sep16 and beyond
  • Damai 2
    • Canceled - Aug16, Aug25
    • Sailing - Sep07 and beyond
Agressor
  • Komodo, sailing 9/28
  • Raja Ampat, no trips until Jan2021
Why do you ask? Did you book or do you have plans to book a trip? I do not think that anybody, including the president of Indonesia, could tell you what will happen within the next couple of months. Very few people have been tested until now in Indonesia (USA 30 times more per million) and also the other data are not really reliable. These limited data show that numbers here are still going up about 2% daily. But what would be the main factor is whether sombody can spend a holiday in Indonesia and return home without having to be in isolation for 10 - 14 days. This might be in April (?) 2021 if some vaccines turn out to be successful. I do not expect all LOB companies to cancel their trips officially. They might leave it up to the guests. Situation as per now in Indonesia: no visa for tourists yet from any country. Not date set yet when the visa will be available again. Very limited number of domestic flights in Indonesia. The whole tourism industry in huge financial problems and no support whatsoever from the government or banks.

Thank you, Indah, for your update. It is very difficult to get reliable information about travel in Indonesia for independent travellers. We have a LAB and resort booked in RA for November, booked months ago thinking that things would be Ok by then. Vacancies for next season seemed to be pretty thin on the ground back then, possibly due to rescheduling, and we were concerned about securing bookings. Just have to wait and see, I suppose.

Thank you Indah for the info. Really appreciate hearing what is going on in Indonesia as it has been difficult to get much data via internet searching and from much of the diving industry. Keep us posted please. These are unprecented times, however knowing the facts helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom