American is giving me 11 minutes to connect in DFW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You better hope they don't declare bankruptcy and wipe away all customer credits and miles. That's one reason why we insisted on cash refund.

I’m a United 2M flyer. Have a lot of miles. But I’m fatalistic about this. Whatever happens happens. I can’t control a thing. I especially enjoyed their standard email congratulating me about how they were generously extending my Platinum status for a year - I’ve been Lifetime Platinum for a long while.

I’m a United 2M flyer. Have a lot of miles. But I’m fatalistic about this. Whatever happens happens. I can’t control a thing. I especially enjoyed their standard email congratulating me about how they were generously extending my Platinum status for a year - I’ve been Lifetime Platinum for a long while.
But that's great news, it means you will live another year!

But that's great news, it means you will live another year!

If I don’t fly...

FWIW. Not really related to DandyDon, but one thing I wish I had realized in the early days of the pandemic is that it is generally better to wait and see if the airline cancels/re-routes your flight (making you refund eligible) as opposed to cancelling weeks/months in advance and getting stuck with credit/travel certificates.
Yep, I figured that out. I booked this trip back in December for $400-something as it was $200 cheaper than I'd paid the year before for the same trip, then had already rebooked this trip once for slightly different dates for the lower fare of $285 I think it was, and that left me with about a $138 voucher to keep up with. Other trips were canceled when flights were canceled and I got refunds on those - cash for a trip to Fresno and miles back for a trip to DC. I only have one year to use the voucher, by May 20, 2021, which shouldn't be a problem.

Gonna be really interesting trying to use the credit in the next two years.
Two years. I have never heard of a two-year voucher, and I have had several different types. Maybe you want to check those?

Two years. I have never heard of a two-year voucher, and I have had several different types. Maybe you want to check those?

No more travel agency for you!

No more travel agency for you!
I just try to find the cheapest choices.

I just FB chatted with my dentist there to reschedule. I like getting my dentures cleaned there when I visit, and I've been living with a missing upper side tooth for months. I'm still amazed it came loose! I thought it was a hard piece of candy and threw it in the trash before I realized, and for some unknown reason didn't think to search the can before it got combined with my big can. I ended up searching the big can of trash on a tarp in the garage for an hour or two, but no joy. I really handled that one badly.

She can repair the loss and clean both plates in an hour she thinks, or by the second visit at the latest. Oh, 1500 Pesos combined. I shudder to think what a US dentist would charge me and who else takes FB chats on Sundays? And she's lovely as well. :p I try not to gawk.

I just try to find the cheapest choices.

I just FB chatted with my dentist there to reschedule. I like getting my dentures cleaned there when I visit, and I've been living with a missing upper side tooth for months. I'm still amazed it came loose! I thought it was a hard piece of candy and threw it in the trash before I realized, and for some unknown reason didn't think to search the can before it got combined with my big can. I ended up searching the big can of trash on a tarp in the garage for an hour or two, but no joy. I really handled that one badly.

She can repair the loss and clean both plates in an hour she thinks, or by the second visit at the latest. Oh, 1500 Pesos combined. I shudder to think what a US dentist would charge me and who else takes FB chats on Sundays? And she's lovely as well. :p I try not to gawk.

Aha! The real reason to travel to Coz in a pandemic :D

Aha! The real reason to travel to Coz in a pandemic :D
It was indeed a contributing factor. My local dentists act like they are so benevolent to even allow me an appointment. If I had to do it here, I'd shop Lubbock.

It was indeed a contributing factor. My local dentists act like they are so benevolent to even allow me an appointment. If I had to do it here, I'd shop Lubbock.

I used to do major dental work in South Africa when I went to visit my parents in the 90s. Cost was 1/8 of what it is here. I’m having an implant done now - will cost me close to $6,000 when done. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom