Has anyone tried this defog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Mr. Chairman,

I use a product called ''Unicorn Tears'', the small spray bottle I have was given to me, works great.

I have no idea where it would be available, it doesn't seem to show on-line.

There is however a gin shown on-line called Unicorn Tears, maybe intended for after diving.

LOL,

Rose.

No, I use my scuba spit, never fails.

I use a product called ''Unicorn Tears'', the small spray bottle I have was given to me, works great.
I saw a bottle of that this past year or so. Maybe it was in Fiji? I rarely travel with any defog and if I'm OC, I do use the 'tongue method". But on a rebreather, I like a tiny smattering of something, and that Reef Safe seems to work the best that I've tried.

I saw a bottle of that this past year or so. Maybe it was in Fiji? I rarely travel with any defog and if I'm OC, I do use the 'tongue method". But on a rebreather, I like a tiny smattering of something, and that Reef Safe seems to work the best that I've tried.

Hi Mr. Chairman,

I'm seeing, because of the pandemic, that some operators are now mandating anti-fog and prohibiting ''spit'' in any form/at any time during the charter.

Which in itself is a good thing. I always have anti-fog with me, I think most divers do, it's just that now, it's actually being used.

Rose.

Whatever works for you.

Baby shampoo bothers my eyes as does the odd specialty defog drops I've tried over the years. Not sure how I'll be handling that in the future.

Baby shampoo will really bother my eyes if I don't thoroughly rinse the mask after putting it in. I don't know what % is left in my mask after the rinse, but it's mostly gone. If my mask fogs during my dive, I let a little water in and tilt my head to clear the fog with the water. I just keep the water in my mask because it's going to fog up several more times during the dive.

I'm seeing, because of the pandemic, that some operators are now mandating anti-fog and prohibiting ''spit'' in any form/at any time during the charter.
I have always been reluctant to use a communal mask wash bucket. I prefer to simply dive in with a yucky mask and rinse in whatever water I'm diving in, be it ocean or spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom