retrieve dive log from broken D4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robinly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
anyone here know how to retrieve dive log from broken D4 (out of battery & no USB cable)
I am thinking about to take it apart, but I don't know if there is something like SD card inside
and the file format...any advice is welcome, THANKS

No, there are no SD cards in dive computers. The computer has to be working to download the data, so unfortuanately there is no way to retrieve the data when the computer is dead. It is likely that the data is already lost beause of the dead battery, even if you replace it and get it working again.

Do NOT take it apart. None of the "contemporary" dive computers, such as your Suunto D4, will lose its data even if the battery goes dead. Unless the D4 is totally inoperative, you just need to install a new battery and, of course, get a download cable (which are unreasonable expensive).

If you do put a battery in it, try ebay for a cable. I recently bought one for $45 and am waiting for it to arrive from Germany. Also see if you have a local dive club in which somebody has a similar watch and cable. Maybe they'll let you borrow it.

I did try to download log by cable when it still had power years ago, but as I say the D4 was broken and I cannot retrieve any data from the watch that time. So I would like to try other ways like to take the storage component out and connect it to computer directly...THANKS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom