Covid Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darolr.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What is the current number of cases? I heard two days ago eleven new in one day. Does this sound correct.? This came from someone living there.

That's great, but would just like a simple answer, not drivel and guesses. Typical SB reply to a simple question.

You rejected the suggestion that the information you want is already posted in a SB thread, because you assume the SB thread is "drivel and guesses."

And instead you want someone to post on another SB thread which you assume will not be "drivel and guesses"?

You do realize it's the same people reading and posting in both threads... right?

What is the current number of cases? I heard two days ago eleven new in one day. Does this sound correct.? This came from someone living there.

From the "drivel and guesses" thread, which includes a graphic that was published by the government (post #954 in "drivel and guesses"...)

As of July 30, Cozumel has tallied 213 cases, with 102 recovered and 34 deaths.

Which means they have 77 active cases as of a couple days ago. Now... your question does say "Does this sound correct?", which is also why your rejection of "guesses" is confusing. It seems you're asking for an opinion, which, by nature, involves some degree of guessing.

So I am going to say... yes. I think it is entirely possible that Cozumel could have reported 11 new cases in one day. That's my guess, with a bit of drivel.

Back
Top Bottom