Which dry glove system is 'best'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ultima/kubi seem to get the most positive reviews on the board. i think the viking pullover ring gets honourable mention for simplicity.

Reactions: Zef
The list i provided earlier is not in any particular order. My preference of the systems I have used is the Ultima DGS. I havr no experience with the Rolock 90 system but have looked at the product guide and some videos and it seems to offer the ease of mounting glove that the si-tech systems offer with the waterproof security that the ultima system offers along with the low profile that the antares and ellipse systems offer.

-Z

Honestly, you seem a little bit out of touch here.
Good dry glove systems are not expensive (far from it actually), and for some of us dry gloves are a must if we want to dive year round.
I paid the equivalent of 120 bucks for my Ultima system, and another 7 bucks for my gloves (which have worked without fault for nearly 100 dives now).
A good ring system is worth its weight in gold, and with most of the ones on the market it is very easy and quick to change out a glove if you get a leak etc.
No glue needed, nobody wants or needs the hassle of that when there are so much better alternatives.
If you can DIY a better system than the Ultima yourself then I will eat my dry suit undergarments, and believe men when I say, they are pretty nasty at this point. :D

If you don't believe dry glove systems are a good thing, you're welcome to tag along in your wet gloves with us the next time we do a 2 hour dive in 4 degree water. :cheers:

I have the Kubi system, and have never had another system so nothing to compare it to. But if I were to buy again I would still get the Kubi system, I have had zero issues with it and I can't so far imagine anything I would want to improve on the platform. I have small hands and the ability to use different size rings was nice as I didn't any more bulk than necessary.

I've had the Diving Concepts system. It works most of the time, although the rings are a little too small for my big hands.

I had DUI ZipSeals. They require a buddy to put the second glove on. I ended up leaving the gloves attached to my suit and getting into it like this;
It's a bit of a hassle and the replacement gloves, wrist seals, and neck seal are expensive.

I had the Si-Tech Antares system. It was the worst set I owned. The flimsy plastic rings break easily and come apart if you need to reach for anything. I had nothing but floods with those rings.

I finally settled on the Ultima system. They bought the patent from Diving Concepts, made the rings larger, and use a better O-Ring. They use many different gloves, including the popular 720s, which can be found online for a couple of dollars a pair.

I've had the Diving Concepts system. It works most of the time, although the rings are a little too small for my big hands.

I had DUI ZipSeals. They require a buddy to put the second glove on. I ended up leaving the gloves attached to my suit and getting into it like this;
It's a bit of a hassle and the replacement gloves, wrist seals, and neck seal are expensive.

I had the Si-Tech Antares system. It was the worst set I owned. The flimsy plastic rings break easily and come apart if you need to reach for anything. I had nothing but floods with those rings.

I finally settled on the Ultima system. They bought the patent from Diving Concepts, made the rings larger, and use a better O-Ring. They use many different gloves, including the popular 720s, which can be found online for a couple of dollars a pair.

You know I still hate you for how easy you make mounting the gloves look in your videos.
o_O
:cheers:

My technique has improved but is nowhere as good as yours.

-Z

Thanks for all of the thoughts, I think I’m going to go for the Kubi fitted system. Northern Diver can fit it although they said it’s been very difficult when they’ve done it in the past.

I have made a quick k trip to screwfix to make some fitting rings to work out what size I rings need. In the attached photos the ring is about 90mm the gloved hand required a bit of persuading but obviously went through ok, does that sizing seem right?

Attachments

• D4670475-0328-4399-8DDF-92DE998705F5.jpeg
    D4670475-0328-4399-8DDF-92DE998705F5.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 96
  • E406AFFE-0D1B-4DAD-BED6-82B7F4400B25.jpeg
    E406AFFE-0D1B-4DAD-BED6-82B7F4400B25.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 48CA0CD8-257D-494F-8374-87039E022DFF.jpeg
    48CA0CD8-257D-494F-8374-87039E022DFF.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 100
I've been diving the Si-Tech quick glove system for ten years on two different drysuits. I have been very happy with the system and would not hesitate to use it on a new suit when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom