Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's good to hear! I imagine the bottom wedge provides all the roll control you need. Don't know why I'm sweating a little scratching of my tank by the nut. Guess I'm too fussy. :D

Do you think that a thinner gauge of SS with two cambands and no wedge might stress the plate too much?

That's good to hear! I imagine the bottom wedge provides all the roll control you need. Don't know why I'm sweating a little scratching of my tank by the nut. Guess I'm too fussy. :D
With the rounded edges of the nut, I was not stressing too much over scratching tanks but it was on my mind. More so when thinking of painted steel tanks, not so much worried about the beater AL80s.
I do like the idea of padding the nut, why not if it is easy enough to do. I might play around with a piece of inner tube, if it could be glued on or otherwise attached just above the grommet then it would fall into place for protection but still be easily raised to access the nut when needed.

Do you think that a thinner gauge of SS with two cambands and no wedge might stress the plate too much?
That plate is super strong with the curve and curled edge. But if you got Eric to make you a lightweight one or aluminum plate, and aren't using a wedge, and you really honk down your cam bands, it might torque the plate a little. Dunno.

That plate is super strong with the curve and curled edge. But if you got Eric to make you a lightweight one or aluminum plate, and aren't using a wedge, and you really honk down your cam bands, it might torque the plate a little. Dunno.
very good thing to keep in mind! thank you!

I'm on the list for a "travel" medium. don't know if it'll be AL or thinner SS :coffee:..

I'll pick whatever Eric thinks is best to make :)

very good thing to keep in mind! thank you!

I'm on the list for a "travel" medium. don't know if it'll be AL or thinner SS :coffee:..

I'll pick whatever Eric thinks is best to make :)
Just get the wedge

it's planned, but I'd be interested to see what it feels like without and bring the mk25 a bit further away from my head.

edit: and reduce the travel weight too

it's planned, but I'd be interested to see what it feels like without and bring the mk25 a bit further away from my head.

edit: and reduce the travel weight too
I have the aluminum wedge on my aluminum plate, it won’t move the regulator away from your head, it only stabilizes the lower part of the tank to make up for the curve.

my bad, I thought taking the wedge off would slightly move the first stage away from the head :confused:

anyway you have the configuration that interests me! can't wait to see if it would work with my wing!

my bad, I thought taking the wedge off would slightly move the first stage away from the head :confused:

anyway you have the configuration that interests me! can't wait to see if it would work with my wing!
Which wing? I have the VDH 18 on my light weight one and have used the Deep 6 20.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom