looking for a AOW instructor near Blue Grotto or Lady Lake area Florida Sept5,6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They’re closed on Sun and Monday.

let me know if they don’t reach out to you. I deal with them frequently :)

Peter
407-304-9288

AOW is only 5 "dives"....

It could be done in one day but PADI doesn't allow more than 3 training dives per day.

One day in a spring for deep, nav, search and recovery. A few hours at Rainbow River for drift and underwater naturalist. Presto, you're done :^)

5 dives minimum. If the performance requirements are met. If someone can't navigate at all (using a required specialty), then do people expect to still be signed off? Or if their buoyancy is so horrible that the instructor has to grab them to prevent them from cratering/corking constantly, do people still expect to be signed off?

I'm guessing yes, which is why AOW isn't respected, but it could be if instructors required that performance requirements were met. All about interpretation I guess. As I've said many times, subjective criteria can lead to "student didn't drown while struggling to complete skill" as mastery.

It could be done in one day but PADI doesn't allow more than 3 training dives per day.

One day in a spring for deep, nav, search and recovery. A few hours at Rainbow River for drift and underwater naturalist. Presto, you're done :^)
Hmnnn, doesn't sound like much learning, does it? Some peeps want to collect cards while others want to really learn to dive.

Hmnnn, doesn't sound like much learning, does it? Some peeps want to collect cards while others want to really learn to dive.

Don't shoot the messenger! I totally agree, and perhaps the thin layer of sarcasm wasn't apparent. I've seen some scary siltmonster disaster students walk away with AOW cards.

One day in a spring for deep, nav, search and recovery. A few hours at Rainbow River for drift and underwater naturalist.
Kinda hard to meet the standards for S&R and Nav without a lot more horizontal space than a spring, not to mention a worthwhile Deep experience most places.

Kinda hard to meet the standards for S&R and Nav without a lot more horizontal space than a spring, not to mention a worthwhile Deep experience most places.

You do the deep dive in the hole, and then do S&R and nav topside in the spring run with the fishies.

Many students are freaked out by the deeper holes like blue grotto and paradise and request ocean deep dives....

do S&R and nav topside in the spring run
Nav requires a 100ft square; S&R requires a 50 ft square. Possible in the run?
A 61 ft dive (Troy?) sucks for Deep.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom