Female DIN to NPT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just did the order with August Industries. Even with shipping it was under $50.
I thought about adding a T-fitting with a gauge, but that still makes it a crappy pressure checker. I already have a DIN pressure checker, that will just allow that one tool to be more useful. But I am now thinking of making a T-fitting with male and female quick connects I can put in line. That will be useful for monitoring while boosting.

I still find it tough that a simple piece of metal with a couple of threads costs more than a functional valve that is way more complex with moving parts and seals.

I have brass QDs on everything.

CGA nipples all end in a QD
Gauge has a QD
Brass T has QDs
Hoses all end in QDs
DIN fittings all have QDs

I made one from brass. It cost maybe $5 in material. I knew I'd want custom DIN fittings for this and that "someday" so I bought the tap and die, which cost considerably more that that. Finding someone with the tooling to do that, who's willing to do it for free, could be a "challenge." (If you were a friend, I'd do it and throw in the brass. If you weren't, it would be much cheaper to buy one.)

I love having it. It's on QD that matches all the other ends for my blending kit, and I can use it to check the pressure in my rented and trimix storage tanks. If I couldn't make one I'd consider $50 a bargain and never look back.

The $50 adaptor arrived. The quick connect showed up today. I am going to O2 clean the parts and put them together as soon as I have a little time. Just rolled in a new T of Helium so I can start playing with gasses again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom