My Deep6 Eddys are very different

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had a pair of the white smalls (no holes) and I love them. Light, flexible, pretty capable in current.

Just last week I purchased another pair here on SB. They are also smalls but blue and have the holes.

Interestingly they seem like completely different fins.

As I said, the white ones have a good deal of flex. The blue ones are much stiffer. I worry they will dig into the top of my foot but I read that an exacto knife could help with that.

They weigh exactly the same: 3.72lbs and confirmed with Deep6, they are the same material.

I assume the blues will be better in current.

Hoping a Socorro trip is in my future, I would take the blues instead of my jet fins (since they are a bit heavier)

Has anyone else have Deep6 fins with a big difference in flex? I know the smalls were made of a different material from the larger sizes...

Has anyone else have Deep6 fins with a big difference in flex? I know the smalls were made of a different material from the larger sizes...

No, the softer small med fins in White and Orange and the small med Blue are made of the same material but in a different durometer is all. the small are the same material as all other sizes, just all the blue size run was made the same durometer as the large , XL which is stiffer by a bit. I did that because the blue was a special run for last years BF sale and I didn't want to order two batchs of material..Of course, to further confuse things, the production folks making them doubled the production order by mistake so I had them around MUCH longer than I expected

If the white are not digging into your foot, I would be very surprised indeed if the blue does.

No, the softer small med fins in White and Orange and the small med Blue are made of the same material but in a different durometer is all. the small are the same material as all other sizes, just all the blue size run was made the same durometer as the large , XL which is stiffer by a bit. I did that because the blue was a special run for last years BF sale and I didn't want to order two batchs of material..Of course, to further confuse things, the production folks making them doubled the production order by mistake so I had them around MUCH longer than I expected

If the white are not digging into your foot, I would be very surprised indeed if the blue does.

Thanks for the explanation.
Should I assume they will be more effective in current?

I was sad I missed out on the blues when they were on the site but as luck would have it, scored a used pair in very good condition.

Back
Top Bottom