Islamorada Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BiscuitTX

New
Reaction score
My sons and I are headed to Islamorada on 08/20 and was hoping to get a recommendation on a good dive shop. Islamorada Dive Center, Key Dives and Sea Monkeys seem to get good reviews. Looking for a 4 tank day (and maybe a night dive). My sons are brand new OW and I'm AOW so looking for a boat that is friendly to kids and maybe have the ability to get a private guide for us. We're staying in Islamorada so would prefer not traveling back to Key Largo. Any help is appreciated. Thx

You have Conch Republic and Captain Slate in that same area. All are fun. Call ahead and see who you gel with.

Have used Conch Republic several times and have been pleased with them. Have a good trip!

I can vouch for Seamonkey - also they sound like the perfect fit for your family. They only take one family at a time - max of 6 guests. Super friendly family-owned shop. Also, a dive guide is included in the price.

I miss Lady Cyana.

They were the best. I dove with them for many, many years and took groups down to dive with them and we were always happy.

In the keys. But not Islamorada. Check out blue water divers. They usually have a guide available that can also take photos.

Islamorada Dive Center (IDC) for a big boat, Shawn is a great captain, Sea Monkeys are great people, Colleen is a hoot. Sun Sports for big boat small crowd great people, Buddha and Bubbles are awesome. Conch is further north but a good outfit.

A bit OT, but does anyone remember Phil's Dive Shop? I got certified (YMCA) there in 1983 while I was living on my 16 foot sailboat at Bahia Honda. It was run by Phil DeClue, who claimed, believably, to be an ex professional wrestler. He was flooding the AM airwaves at the time with "learn to dive for $150" ads. He was pretty much a one-man operation. On our open water checkout dive he sent us down with baskets to fill with sand dollars for his souvenir stand. I think he was in Islamorada, but maybe it was elsewhere in the middle to upper Keys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom