Best wreck dives in Pompano (40 to 80ft)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In terms of recommended Pompano dive op now that PDC closed, South Florida Diving HQ. Home - South Florida Diving Headquarters. You'll park in the same place as you did with PDC. SFDHQ is then right across from the parking lot. They operate out of the hotel marina right there.

Lots of wrecks in 40-80' range in Pompano and I've never been on a boat that drifted them like they do up in Palm Beach County. All the boats seem to moor on the wrecks and you descend the mooring line. Sea Emperor is actually my favorite. I always see so much life on that wreck. Ancient Mariner and Capt. Dan are also very nice.

Oh wait, the shallower Tenneco Tower was one my favorite dives. With three main levels, you can dive it @ 60', 80', or 100'(bottom). Its just down the road from Pompano.

Tenneco Towers are awesome but also way down in Ft. Lauderdale. It is a whole day trip to dive them from Pompano. You'd be better off diving them with Sea Experience or another Ft. Lauderdale boat.

Tenneco Towers are awesome but also way down in Ft. Lauderdale. It is a whole day trip to dive them from Pompano. You'd be better off diving them with Sea Experience or another Ft. Lauderdale boat.

Ha!.... When I said "down the road", I didn't mean "by boat."

Ha!.... When I said "down the road", I didn't mean "by boat."

I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion because I have taken a boat out of Pompano down to the Towers. That makes for about a 6+ hour trip.

I agree with you. I prefer a six-pack boat.....unless its really rough out.

In terms of recommended Pompano dive op now that PDC closed, South Florida Diving HQ. Home - South Florida Diving Headquarters. You'll park in the same place as you did with PDC. SFDHQ is then right across from the parking lot. They operate out of the hotel marina right there.

Lots of wrecks in 40-80' range in Pompano and I've never been on a boat that drifted them like they do up in Palm Beach County. All the boats seem to moor on the wrecks and you descend the mooring line. Sea Emperor is actually my favorite. I always see so much life on that wreck. Ancient Mariner and Capt. Dan are also very nice.

Thank you. I will try. PBC has been rough lately...and the big turtles are gone...want to see something different while I wait for the Groupers to return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom