Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It mounted so not easy to show, the slots are just under the stabilizers ( I removed mine to get the rail to fit better)

View attachment 603738 View attachment 603740 View attachment 603742
By pulling the inside of the slot out it does look like you just missed a step of cutting the slit, I don’t see any stitching or other changes.
View attachment 603743

Thanks for the info, got an initial email from Bryan this morning so replied and waiting to see what he says.

yeah, my #35 has slots, too

thanks, I was really confused last night when I unboxed the wing. I really hope it’s just mine that has this issue and not everyone who just got the last batch of 35lb wings. The rest of the wing feels and looks great, I’m super excited to get it in the water.

Just got FP #521 Friday.
It's beautiful.
Are the Hog Hogarthian Basic Harness compatible with the FP?
upload_2020-8-10_9-39-15.png

I don't see why not

Just got FP #521 Friday.
It's beautiful.
Are the Hog Hogarthian Basic Harness compatible with the FP?
View attachment 603851

Yes. But, I would (have/do) buy individual pieces and make a better harness.

These are just my personal preferences and choices. But, I like the result better than that (and most) pre-packaged harness for a few reasons, including:

- Waist D-rings on both sides, instead of just on the left
- Waist D-rings are rigid, so they are easier to find and clip to
- Uses a tri-slide (aka belt slide) and bungee loop at the left shoulder to keep the wing inflator from floating too far away, and uses the same on each lower shoulder strap area to hold light heads that are clipped off to the shoulder D-rings (instead of using rubber bands for that)
- XS Scuba waist buckle is black (not shiny, which seems to attract barracudas to me), light, and doesn't make loud clanking noises when moving my rig around. And it is still plenty strong and durable. I have been using these on all my harnesses for 4 or 5 years now.

Total cost on the harness is $50-something. Then I included what I put on the harness for cutting devices and tank straps, just for convenience, since when I setup a new rig, I buy all this stuff anyway (except tank straps, if the BP/harness is for doubles).

My shopping list:

2" webbing ($0.80/ft):
Flat Nylon Webbing, per {1 ft | 30 cm} | Dive Gear Express®
$9.60

D-ring w/Bend for shoulders ($1.25 ea):
DGX S/S {2 in | 5.1 cm} D-Ring w/Bend | Dive Gear Express®
$2.50

Rigid D-ring for waist belt ($2 ea):
DGX S/S {2 in | 5.1 cm} Rigid D-Ring, Perpendicular on Slide | Dive Gear Express®
$4.00

Belt slide ($0.75 ea):
DGX S/S {2 in | 5.1 cm} Belt Slide | Dive Gear Express®
$3.75

Dive Rite 2" crotch strap with padding ($21.95):
Dive Rite Crotch Straps | Dive Gear Express®
$21.95

Glass-filled Nylon waist belt buckle ($9.95):
XS Scuba Clear-Path Buckle
$9.95

OMS matte finish buckle - optional, instead of XS Scuba Clear-Path ($25):
OMS Anodized Aluminum Weight Belt Buckle | Dive Gear Express®

loop of thin bungee cord to retain the LP inflator and light heads. ($0.39/ft):
Shock Cord - Thin {1/8 in | 0.3 cm} per {1 ft | 30.5 cm} | Dive Gear Express®
$1.17

bicycle inner tube rubber bands (free)

Titanium EMT shears ($8.00):
DGX Titanium EMT Shears | Dive Gear Express®
$8.00

Sheath for EMT shears ($8.00):
MSM Shear Pouch - MIL-SPEC MONKEY STORE
$8.00

Ceramic blade Sharp Cut ($17.95):
DGX Sharp Cut w/Sheath (Select Color) | Dive Gear Express®
$17.95

ScubaPro-style quick-release tanks straps
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OTG-Scuba-...uick-Release-Hinge-Buckle-OG-120/302238442547
$63.78

Plastic books screws - to hold wing to back plate (pair)
https://www.divegearexpress.com/assembly-screws-plastic-set-of-two
$2.00

And, if you want to "lock" the webbing into place on the BP, so the shoulder straps won't move at all, you can also add a couple of serrated belt slides.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-s-s-2-in-5-1-cm-serrated-belt-slide

ps. I keep all this stuff in a spreadsheet, with product links, to make it easy on myself...

I think it was rainpilot who said they use an innertube section with a slit on one side to hold the bungee loop in place for retaining the inflator hose and light bodies. I switched to that but have not dove it yet.

I think it was rainpilot who said they use an innertube section with a slit on one side to hold a bungee loop in place for retaining the inflator hose and light bodies. I switched to that but have not dove it yet.

I used to use inner tube pieces for a lot of stuff. I have gotten away from that because they degrade and break - eventually. And then to replace one, you have to unthread however much of your harness to get to where you can put a new one on.

Now, I put a tri-slide in whatever spot I would have put inner tube, and then just tie a loop of bungee cord through that. It works great. Lasts a lot longer, and is much easier to change or replace the bungee.

I do still use inner tube on my waist belt, to tame the extra webbing that comes out of the buckle, so I have that length available, if I need to make the waist belt longer. Also, the inner tube helps keep stuff like my trauma shears pouch from moving around as much. The inner tube pieces on my waist belt are easy to replace without unthreading the harness - unlike pieces on the shoulder straps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom