Sidemount Reg Set: MK25/G260 or DST/XTX-50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mahmoud Younes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey, wanna your advice.
I just switched to sidemount and plan to buy my own regulators set.
My diving will be mostly warm water. Diving in multi stages will has high possibility to upgrade for tec diving in future.

The available sidemount sets are:
1- Scubapro MK25/G260 set.
2- Apeks DST/XTX-50 set.

thanks

xtx50 has LH feed and the DST is sealed, if those matter to you. if you are planning to neck loop the left and dive mostly clear water off boats, then it doesn't matter.

1- Scubapro MK25/G260 set.

Salam Mahmoud,

I'd go for the SP pair, you can't beat SP in performance, reliability and service especially in your area. The G260 can be switched L or R no problem.

If you rebuild your own, get XTX50/DST. They don't require any wonky tools and rebuild kits are easier to come bye.

Just sold my Scubapro MK25/G260 to buy more Apeks regs.

If you rebuild your own, get XTX50/DST. They don't require any wonky tools and rebuild kits are easier to come bye.

Just sold my Scubapro MK25/G260 to buy more Apeks regs.

Any problem did you face with MK25?

Any problem did you face with MK25?

No problems. Just was expensive to rebuild and needed a few special tools. Also expensive to purchase and did not find a big enough benefit to justify the extra cost versus the apeks.

I have torn apart an Apeks first stage in the field with minimal hand tools, spanner and crescent wrench, to put a new seat in.....

Two great regulator sets!

I dive that Apeks combination sidemount and the Scubapro combination backmount. I could switch with no issue and be happy. Look at which set is less cost and easier to get serviced in your area. My opinion is that you will be very happy with either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom