Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back yard 28 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, California. Elaine Hyde is glass blowing behind me. I had a plastic drum full of water to test the Foil Force fin I was developing at the time. One year before the other Flat Split designs. The curved back side really held the "Split fin" from opening up like barn doors, which takes place on all others. The water just runs up and out with little energy going to push you forward. But it was not right and had to find a way to start a roll over at the ends to twist open. I had friends with pools at the time so I could test more than a bucket of water. The door to our shop was to the left and we could alsways her the roar from the glass furance.

Attachments

• foilforce002-fw.jpg
    foilforce002-fw.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 79
  • foilforce003-fw.jpg
    foilforce003-fw.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 79
I think it was the Angle Wings that finally opened up to a twist. This Split Fin design could also rotate blade angle. Great for a snorkeling fin. Foil Force Fin – Force Fin

Attachments

• wings001.jpg-fw.jpg
    wings001.jpg-fw.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 68
  • wings001-fw.jpg
    wings001-fw.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 63
I know this Freediving blade was unreal, about 2 feet long and just made one to test thickness of blade. Patented on a Non-Molding method. Susanne sewed this up in her machine. Was very light weight and you could adjust the fins surface to concaved or convex...this changed the flexable surface. 10-3-99 some time ago now. Aqua Corps Cover Story – Force Fin

Attachments

• foot002-fw.jpg
    foot002-fw.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 72
Kind of dropped into Quick Sand opening up dozen of Force Fin file boxes. Have enought to scan for over a year. Looking for a new location to set up shop for the Deep Water Desal project. Will be unloadig some cool diving books along with a Force Fin purchase..Kind of a way to recycle. Meanwhile drifting down with the experimental Extra Force Fin. Notice many Votex generators. Found all the orginial Patent filings and notes/drawings. Legal files with Rodale Press, what a waste of time.

Attachments

• u-58-fw.jpg
    u-58-fw.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 57
  • forcefin-57-fw.jpg
    forcefin-57-fw.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 45
One of the few times I took the Sperm Force diving. Here Scuba Radio Host Greg Holt caught me a Sting Ray City, Cayman Islands. You just move along like....

Attachments

• holt001-fw.jpg
    holt001-fw.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 50

Back
Top Bottom