Rare Sea Net mfg Frankie the Frogman depth gauge and fins over $600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Mike Lev

$ 600 big ones for an old pair of "Flippers" !!!!!!
Pops passed on in 1954 and Sea Net was closed for good
I was very active in diving at that time and I recall the flippers as very flimsy and to be avoided

The fins are 66 plus years old -- just 34 years and 100 years old
Rubber deteriorates rapidly, especially in the modern polluted atmosphere
Will they ever see 100 ?

I am eagerly waiting to see your fins and compare ther condition to the sellers.

I am especially interested in your depth gauge
I have a simple Capillary tube gauge held in place by two rubber bands still in its original sealed wrapping
with no identification as were the US Diver models - My dusty memories recall it being acquired with some old diving equipment 40-50 years ago-- I suspect it is a sea Net product
I would like to compare it to yours

I will eagerly wait to see your post complete with pictures

Cheers from California --where it all began

Sam

Here you go Sam. My fins are packed away. Someday I'll show you my Sea Net items. All nine gauges are different. The first U.S.Divers gauge has a hole in the middle with a rubber stopper to drain it. Looking for other cap gauges like these I don't have. I have a Voit and U.S.Divers to trade.
CAP 6.jpg
CAP 5.jpg
CAP 3.jpg
CAP 2.jpg
CAP GAUGE 1.jpg

That is your opinion you are entitled to .I have my own. But this site is for vintage scuba .I won't discuss politics here.

i dont get it why is "the frog " associated with dirtbags ? if its a thing not to be discussed PM me

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

No further frog discussion of a political nature will be tolerated. There may be some posts deleted.

@Mike Lev
A very nice and almost complete collection of early depth gauges. I commend you for your persistence in accumulating them. Thank you for sharing Now What ?

I have only one that has survived the test of tine all these years.. It is in its original unopened package, in appearance similar but different than any in your collection. There is no Idenficatioin as to manufacture or company that may have distributed it,

So now even another unidentified one in the mix...

Interesting -- after all these years -- thanks for sharing

Sam Miller, III

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom