Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree completely with the idea that when you are a guest you abide by the host's rules, however dumb you may think the rules are, because you have the option to leave or not come in the first place. That said, the logic and sensibility behind the rules has a strong bearing on the degree of compliance. I'm not saying a host doesn't have the right to set arbitrary rules but if their goal is maximum compliance then maybe they should define rules in a way that result in maximum compliance. The problem with dumb useless rules is they reduce compliance with smart effective rules. If you see ten rules and three of them seem completely senseless, you might question the other seven.

As far as compliance goes, the locals on this board have been pretty consistent in describing locals as diligently wearing masks in the tourist areas but hardly at all away from tourist areas, so I wouldn't chalk up mask compliance in the tourist zone to a better respect for the rules or stronger concern for the virus.

As far as compliance goes, the locals on this board have been pretty consistent in describing locals as diligently wearing masks in the tourist areas but hardly at all away from tourist areas, so I wouldn't chalk up mask compliance in the tourist zone to a better respect for the rules or stronger concern for the virus.

Not really concerned with what the locals (or you) do in the privacy of their own homes, but they have mandates they have to follow in order to keep their businesses open that provide the services we come here to enjoy. The absolute least we can do is make it a little easier for them to provide that service. As far as "arbitrary/dumb rules," man, I don't know where your head is...virtually all the entities in our society (worldwide) are requesting we wear a mask to protect our fellow citizens. In this time of pandemic, what is so hard about that? For one of few times in our daily existence it's not about you or your opinion, it's about your fellow man. Nobody's asking you to wear a shock collar or flagellate yourself with thorns...geez, until we figure this thing out just wear a d@*n mask. :banghead:

I don't wear a mask in my own home or when I am driving or riding in a car with the windows rolled up, and walking around outside when I don't get within 20-30 feet of anyone else I don't see where wearing one accomplishes anything. Any time I go into a building, I wear a mask. Any time I open my car doors for a curbside pickup, I wear a mask. Any time I have to go to the door when there's a delivery guy there, I wear a mask. Any time there's a chance I'll get anywhere near anyone outside of my inner circle of 5 people, I wear a mask. It's really not that hard; I don't understand why anyone has a problem with it.

AA sucks on a good day...not sure but this pandemic has got a lot of peoples panties all wound up their a$$....travel is acceptable if done with social distance and wearing a mask.....if you're to scared to trave thats fine, but don't judge others.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

There have been several reports about this thread. Closing it for now pending moderation for off-topic, political posts. Marg

OK, I deleted the entire discussion about Trump and Americans and their refusal to wear masks. A reminder that we don't allow political posts anywhere except the Pub. I believe that some of the participants in that discussion have been warned in the past and I will thread ban repeat offenders. Sorry that I haven't been around to keep an eye on the forum but my elderly mother has been very, very sick; nearly lost her twice in the past 2 months. So I have been pre-occupied with other concerns than ScubaBoard. I will try to keep a closer eye on things but if you see something that looks like it doesn't belong here (isn't about Cozumel or is political in nature), please report it. If I'm still off doing "Mum" things, another mod will handle it.

AA sucks on a good day...not sure but this pandemic has got a lot of peoples panties all wound up their a$$....travel is acceptable if done with social distance and wearing a mask.....if you're to scared to trave thats fine, but don't judge others.
Acceptable according to who? What you described about the flights you took seems counter to your statement as you indicated many folks did not wear masks on the plane - which means they could have infected others on their way into Cozumel. That doesn't sound acceptable to me? It's also not about being scared to fly - for me, it's about not wanting to take risks with another country's public health at this point in time for my own personal recreation purposes...

Acceptable according to who? What you described about the flights you took seems counter to your statement as you indicated many folks did not wear masks on the plane - which means they could have infected others on their way into Cozumel. That doesn't sound acceptable to me? It's also not about being scared to fly - for me, it's about not wanting to take risks with another country's public health at this point in time for my own personal recreation purposes...
Everyone...i mean everyone wore masks the entire flight except to drink or take a bite.

I suggest you just stay home and look out the window friend.

Everyone...i mean everyone wore masks the entire flight except to drink or take a bite.

I suggest you just stay home and look out the window friend.
Maybe it was someone else then as many posts were deleted in this thread, but they described the flight as many folks removing masks and the flight crew doing nothing about it.

I am not also locking myself in my house - doing plenty of local travel by car where I can keep a safe distance from others. I just personally don't feel it's worth the risk to other countries to travel to them by air at this point - I also would not want to risk getting ill in most of those places either.

Maybe it was someone else then as many posts were deleted in this thread, but they described the flight as many folks removing masks and the flight crew doing nothing about it.

I am not also locking myself in my house - doing plenty of local travel by car where I can keep a safe distance from others. I just personally don't feel it's worth the risk to other countries to travel to them by air at this point - I also would not want to risk getting ill in most of those places either.
That was an AA flight. We were on United...facts are facts.

That was an AA flight. We were on United...facts are facts.
OK - so the fact is that an AA flight put passengers and their destination country at risk for needless Covid spread - not a United flight... got it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom