Centeen Park Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

electric_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm hearing that the locals are getting fed up with rude and obnoxious divers at centeen park in Brockville and are complaining to the local government. Parking at the site is a real issue.

As usual a few individuals are creating a potential problem for all divers. We don't want another Rockport to happen

I’m going there Sunday with KDS. I’m hoping it will be ok. Never been to the park actually. What are the issues with parking?

Was at Centeen in August 2018 on a Sunday. Was told to get there by 7:00 amish. We did. Found a parking spot reasonably close. By the time I had my wetsuit (yes a 3mm) and gear on, the parking area was full. A large % of the divers were from Quebec and the other large group were PADI students. My advice. Get there early.

This is a perennial problem at Centeen it seems.

I took a group of 10 divers there over the August long weekend. There were at least two other groups diving there as well.
While parking was tight, and limited, we all managed to get spots both Saturday morning and later that evening.
What I did notice was many locals using the area, and everyone apparently mingling and using the park together without any problems or issues.
I sensed no animosity whatsoever from the other people using the park and everyone was very friendly. (socially distanced of course!)

Oh, and the dives were great too! Water temps 78ish and other than the lousy viz caused by the newbies I had in the water, conditions were good.

So I want to dive the Gaskin from shore this weekend.
Anyone know where the line is at the park? Does it start at the stairs and are their more than 1 line?

The line starts at the concrete pipe.

The "H" of the DIVETECH sign is right beside the concrete pipe. Find that. Proceed south along the pipe and the line will start on the right after a few meters.

Alternatively there is a cable that runs East/West that runs by the "S" bench, the bottle tree, and the midwater square thing. The cable crosses the pipe.

The line starts at the concrete pipe.

The "H" of the DIVETECH sign is right beside the concrete pipe. Find that. Proceed south along the pipe and the line will start on the right after a few meters.

Alternatively there is a cable that runs East/West that runs by the "S" bench, the bottle tree, and the midwater square thing. The cable crosses the pipe.
If you’re swimming not scootering, it’s about 20 minutes to the Gaskin?

Yes that’s what it took last time I did it. 20 out, 17 in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom