Private boat looking for weekday experienced mellow and covid safe divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Roquemore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
We are an experienced married couple with a 30 ft boat, both in the several thousands of dives looking for experience and preferably retired or laid off (ie not exposed to general public) covid safe divers for weekday dives out of Jupiter or Palm Beach inlet. This is not a charter, cost sharing only for gas only and you are 100% responsible for yourself with regards for diving. Individuals with actual boat driving experience move to the top of the list.

Take me, take me! Tee hee

Sign me up....maybe. My buddy and I will be teaching our university courses on-line, so we're hoping that will provide us the opportunity to do some S. Florida diving this fall. I do have experience handling boats. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding folks to dive with you, but I'd be happy to chat more about our position/experience.

..... I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding folks to dive with you....

You'd think so... But the fact they posted here is a good indication that having the right people coming to private boat is quite a bit of trouble .

When we bought our boat we imagine there would be a line of friends wanting to go out with us. Then came the realization we don't really have that many friends to begin with, and the few we have through the years have move to places far enough that requires some planing with hours of driving, overnight stays, and yahdah yahdah..
After that you see few posts from people that appear to be compatible with your diving style and eventually some show up but the surprises sometimes are epic.

Before getting the boat I could round up 1 or 2 people to go on charter with one day notice. But it didn't matter if they were decent divers or even decent people.

Now to go in my boat a person has to go thru my house so the requirements and specially trust factor is a bit higher. Another factor is that I'm older and know better, my BS detector quality has gone up and my available patience is less.

So to the OP I wish them good luck but suggest they become self reliant divers and embrace solo diving. Unfortunately I don't get to dive with my husband as much as I'd like is just the price we pay to dive our way.

Now to go in my boat a person has to go thru my house so the requirements and specially trust factor is a bit higher. Another factor is that I'm older and know better, my BS detector quality has gone up and my available patience is less.

Yeah, I get that. In my former dive life, I had two good friends with boats. We all clicked and it worked beautifully. I can see where a boat owners needs the right person for them on their boat!

Reactions: Ana
You'd think so... But the fact they posted here is a good indication that having the right people coming to private boat is quite a bit of trouble .

When we bought our boat we imagine there would be a line of friends wanting to go out with us. Then came the realization we don't really have that many friends to begin with, and the few we have through the years have move to places far enough that requires some planing with hours of driving, overnight stays, and yahdah yahdah..
After that you see few posts from people that appear to be compatible with your diving style and eventually some show up but the surprises sometimes are epic.

Before getting the boat I could round up 1 or 2 people to go on charter with one day notice. But it didn't matter if they were decent divers or even decent people.

So to the OP I wish them good luck but suggest they become self reliant divers and embrace solo diving. Unfortunately I don't get to dive with my husband as much as I'd like is just the price we pay to dive our way.

We are also new to the area and covid has been making it hard to meet competent divers. We dived regularly with this boat before moving here and had a great reg crew, looking to repeat that here. We are comfortable diving solo and that goes well until it doesn't if you know what I mean. Also most divers that we have met are not available during the week or are still being exposed to many people.

Reactions: Ana
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom