Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah. I's not a perdix...... if it goes into deco, you just have to do what it tells you to.

Screen very easy to read in daylight. Vibratory alarm was very easy to feel. I violated ascent rate retrieving a stuck anchor, and it was screaming at me to slow down.

My casual Zoop diver buddies really liked it too.

I had it set on 40/85, but inconsequential since I was never deeper than 25 feet. I will be using it on some dark deeper dives in a few weeks, and I'll do a side by side with my cressi giotto.

I had it set on 40/85, but inconsequential since I was never deeper than 25 feet.

Depth doesn't mater, "40" is the problem. Its original purpose was to shift the first deco stop down on decompression dives, and that's exactly what it's doing. Only on no-stop dives that only kicks in when you overstay the NDL, and can give you a gas planning surprise.

Depth only matters in that on very shallow dives your "too deep" deco stop isn't going to be deep anyway.

Ratio are the only ones with reasonable (for no-stop diving) GF "conservatism" presets. With any other "ZH-L16+GF" computer that I know of, don't use presets for no-stop diving. Now you know exactly why.
Exactly, usually I use the less conservatism available but I do deco dive with
Yeah. I's not a perdix...... if it goes into deco, you just have to do what it tells you to.

Screen very easy to read in daylight. Vibratory alarm was very easy to feel. I violated ascent rate retrieving a stuck anchor, and it was screaming at me to slow down.

My casual Zoop diver buddies really liked it too.

I had it set on 40/85, but inconsequential since I was never deeper than 25 feet. I will be using it on some dark deeper dives in a few weeks, and I'll do a side by side with my cressi giotto.
Any dive computer even your zoop showed the total ascent time. The problem is if you plan to do some deco during your dive. Let say 15min deco, how you're supposed to know you reach the limit if the computer only shows the first ceiling?
And yes it's a recreational dive computer not a perdrix but even for a single gas it's sill something we need.

Hi all, I'm thinking about getting a Mission One as my first computer, actually planning on doing more freediving but also SCUBA. Does anyone have any updates on some of the issues around reliability that have been mentioned? Any thoughts on durability/build quality from those of you who've had one longer? Thanks!

Hi! I bought one recently for freediving and spearfishing just to monitor my depth surface time intervals temp etc...also been using it as a daily watch. FREEDIVE features dont have any complains at all gets the job done. If you want to read more about freedive features on atmos search (FREEDIVEWIRE on Instagram) or (https://www.freedivewire.com/atmos-mission-one-freediving-watch-review/?v=a25496ebf095) Cheers!

Hi all, I'm thinking about getting a Mission One as my first computer, actually planning on doing more freediving but also SCUBA. Does anyone have any updates on some of the issues around reliability that have been mentioned? Any thoughts on durability/build quality from those of you who've had one longer? Thanks!
Ive been diving one for a few months. Initially i had a couple of the issues with it not starting a dive, compass not working, txt alerts not linking up. After the software update it has been great (admittedly i have not tried linking it to my phone for alerts so I don’t know if thats fixed). I have put about 40 hours on it, taken it as cold as 38F and as deep as 240ffw (ratio deco but used the computer for guage/logging). I love how easy it is to navigate the menus and its screen layout during the dive is much better than all the other recreational computers ive used. The compass is nice and the visual graph in the dive Iog is very convenient. I definitely recommend it as a first computer.

This was a much longer post but did not post correctly, I’ll try again when I have more time.

With all it’s pros like an up to date, diver friendly menu interface, watch wearable size, wrist color dive computer, with today’s Bluetooth connection for phone app use and at it’s price point

It’s very attractive to a wide range of divers.

I think for free diving you will absolutely love it. I have or have dived with most the top DC's on the market. Mission One has hands down the best shallow water and surface visible screen on the market. I am using the Missions One Exclusively while training other divers. Extremely durable in the pool and being bang around by tanks. I do switch to my Shearwater Teric once I hit open water or non training dives for the AI, and use the Mission One as the backup.

Of the original issue I have had, most corrected via a Firmware update. However, I still find the Android connection frustrating. My only real concern is service. Hopefully never needed, but there could be a LONG turnaround time, if the DC does fail.

Back
Top Bottom