Wetsuit dilema

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water temp is usually around 20-25C(Adriatic Sea) and that suggests 5mm but i dived in 7mm Seac so far and i was very happy with it. I would rather be somewhat hot and let the cold water if needed:

Wait, location Miami, but you dive in the Adriatic sea? It's a long journey every time :)

I am in Sicily now, water temp around 28°C on the surface, but there is a noticeable thermocline at about 25m and temperature goes to 18°C... so I would test the suit at depth if I were you.

Consider that 7mm is going to be more comfortable in winter if you plan to dive the cold months.

Most people like what they have and that’s what they’re going to recommend. Ex. I have three Henderson wetsuits and a Henderson dove skin, so that’s what I’m recommending.:wink:
Do you own Thermaxx by any chance?

Do you own Thermaxx by any chance?

Nope. I’ve got a 3mm short “Fire Fleece,” a 3mm long “Thermoprene,” and a 5mm “Thermoprene Pro.”

The Thermaxx is supposed to be a similar kind of “ultra” flexible material that my Thermoprene Pro has.

Wait, location Miami, but you dive in the Adriatic sea? It's a long journey every time :)

I am in Sicily now, water temp around 28°C on the surface, but there is a noticeable thermocline at about 25m and temperature goes to 18°C... so I would test the suit at depth if I were you.

Consider that 7mm is going to be more comfortable in winter if you plan to dive the cold months.
i live in Miami but vacate 2month/year (summer) in Serbia where i am from and then dive in Montenegro where i usually stay for a month. In Miami, even after 5y living here, for some reason i never got to see the ocean nor snorkel/dive. There is so many rules and policies that i cant catchup with. So yea all my gear is in Europe. Just missed Gara 3000 for $20 yesterday

Nope. I’ve got a 3mm short “Fire Fleece,” a 3mm long “Thermoprene,” and a 5mm “Thermoprene Pro.”
Believe Thermaxx and Thermoprene are in the same category.. how is the water movement inside the suit with Thermoprene? Do you get a lot of cold water coming in On the neck area and the zipper?

Believe Thermaxx and Thermoprene are in the same category.. how is the water movement inside the suit with Thermoprene? Do you get a lot of cold water coming in On the neck area and the zipper?

The neck seal for the Thermoprene has more give (doesn’t fit quite as tight at the neck) as my 5mm Thermoprene Pro, but it doesn’t result in a noticeable amount of water flow unless I pull on it to vent/cool down. No noticeable flow through the zipper.

The water/temperature exchange is gradual if I transition between depths in my local quarry. It’s 82* at 26’, 77* around 30’, and goes down to 58* at 54’ at the moment. It’s not an instantaneous change, but as you transition between depths, you eventually notice the temperature change as the water in the suit catches up to the water that your extremities are feeling (not currently diving with a hood).

Was thinking about that but i am just too embarrassed to go try a couple of suits and not buy any from them. I feel like they know who is a buyer and who is just trying out suits lol

You can always order a custom fit online.

And a 7mm will require a lot of lead. A two piece 5mm with a hood might be a better option for what you want to do.

Was thinking about that but i am just too embarrassed to go try a couple of suits and not buy any from them. I feel like they know who is a buyer and who is just trying out suits lol
Do not try suits on in a LDS and then purchase online. Beyond being rude. Go to LDS and ask if it can price match if they say no just leave do not try on suits or ask advise. Should feel embarrassed and ashamed of yourself if you try suits on and purchase online. LDS assists in making sure you purchase proper fit, you use their expertise it your decision purchase choices . That all takes time that costs the LDS. How would you feel if you are used, thrown aside, not given a chance to make the sale?

Do not try suits on in a LDS and then purchase online. Beyond being rude. Go to LDS and ask if it can price match if they say no just leave do not try on suits or ask advise. Should feel embarrassed and ashamed of yourself if you try that. LDS assists in making sure you purchase proper fit, you use their expertise it your decision purchase choices . How would you feel if you are used, thrown aside, not given a chance to make the sale?
I think you should read my text again since that is exactly what i said. I am not nor i would go to the store to just use it In purpose of getting answers and leave without purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom