Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn, have an October trip to Ambon booked and was hoping it might still happen. Will wait for it to be official, but I suspect its gone. Good time to dive locally, but just not the same :(
Where were you headed in Ambon?

I received this email from Spice Island Divers in Ambon last Friday:

Dear all,

Hope this email finds you well and still optimistic in this weird and dreadful time of the year.

I have the latest news from Indonesia, that there is a discourse from the Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment (Menkomarves) Luhut Binsar Panjaitan saying Indonesia will not open the tourism sector to foreign tourists until the end of 2020. It's not official yet.
The immigration won't give any visa for International tourists except for those who have a working visa or Indonesian returning home.

So, I would suggest we reschedule all the bookings for 2021 or 2022. Let me know what you think? If let says there is more hopeful news from the government, I will keep you posted. Meanwhile, please stay strong and healthy .

With kind regards,

Ayu

Reservation Team

spiceislanddivers.com

https://www.instagram.com/spiceislanddivers/

Thanks for the update

I received this email from Spice Island Divers in Ambon last Friday:

Dear all,

Hope this email finds you well and still optimistic in this weird and dreadful time of the year.

I have the latest news from Indonesia, that there is a discourse from the Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment (Menkomarves) Luhut Binsar Panjaitan saying Indonesia will not open the tourism sector to foreign tourists until the end of 2020. It's not official yet.
The immigration won't give any visa for International tourists except for those who have a working visa or Indonesian returning home.

So, I would suggest we reschedule all the bookings for 2021 or 2022. Let me know what you think? If let says there is more hopeful news from the government, I will keep you posted. Meanwhile, please stay strong and healthy .

With kind regards,

Ayu

Reservation Team

spiceislanddivers.com

https://www.instagram.com/spiceislanddivers/

This is just a rumor now. I checked with a friend who’s a cruise director for Raja LA. That said, I’m not feeling too confident about traveling to Raja this Xmas if I’m allowed to or not.

Damn, have an October trip to Ambon booked and was hoping it might still happen. Will wait for it to be official, but I suspect its gone. Good time to dive locally, but just not the same :(
We will let you know once there is actually something official. It's still all hearsay...

We are currently booking liveaboard trips on the Rocio del Mar and the Nautilus Fleet to the Sea of Cortez for trips to the Midriff Islands or full Baja trips from Puerto Penasco to Cabo San Lucas. The Nautilus trips are out of Cabo San Lucas. We are also booking folks to Cozumel but we are avoiding the big all-inclusive resorts some folks are offering. We are booking with Aldora Divers in Cozumel.

There are other options in the Caribbean and the Galapagos has just opened but there are restrictions for PCR tests upon arrival as well as before arrival. And the Maldives is open.

If you really want to get your gills wet, there are destinations. The Sea of Cortez offers the least hassles.

Got a question, give me a shout.

greg.carter@liquiddivingadventures.com

We will let you know once there is actually something official. It's still all hearsay...

Thanks Mike, know that, still hope it might, but sadly I suspect it’s not going to happen.

We are currently booking liveaboard trips on the Rocio del Mar and the Nautilus Fleet to the Sea of Cortez for trips to the Midriff Islands or full Baja trips from Puerto Penasco to Cabo San Lucas. The Nautilus trips are out of Cabo San Lucas. We are also booking folks to Cozumel but we are avoiding the big all-inclusive resorts some folks are offering. We are booking with Aldora Divers in Cozumel.

There are other options in the Caribbean and the Galapagos has just opened but there are restrictions for PCR tests upon arrival as well as before arrival. And the Maldives is open.

If you really want to get your gills wet, there are destinations. The Sea of Cortez offers the least hassles.

Got a question, give me a shout.

greg.carter@liquiddivingadventures.com

The problem with all of these destinations (except the Maldives) is that the majority of the customers will be from the US and with the way they have handled the pandemic I really don’t want to be in close contact on a boat in a group that has Americans as the majority demographic. Once the pandemic has subsided a bit then sure but until then - pass.

We normally spend a couple of months each year in California and Arizona - not this year. Staying home and huddling up in the frozen north for the first time in a number of years.

Thank you for the post, we have a trip booked for November to RA and haven’t heard anything. Please can we all keep everyone updated. Indah, your input...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom