Share a music vid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the vid!

Also, love the whole Tamada/Alaverdi 'thing' in a social gatherings. @АлександрД, I would assume that you aren't Georgian, and I do appreciate you for enlightening this thread's readers on this culture.

"In Georgian culture, the Alaverdi is the person granted the right to speak right after the toastmaster, see Tamada"

No right to speak is needed here. Anyone have a music vid to share?

:)

@lowiz,

Thanks for clarifyng in one of your previous posts that it's not just about music videos - it's the actual music that counts. I was under the impression that one should only post in this thread if the video somehow stands out.

I have a few songs to share where there's no video to speak of at all - just a static screen. But the music - to my ear & taste at least - is cool.

Speaking of cool - can I just quickly say that, IMHO, this is one of the nicest threads on SB! The synergy of different cultures it brings together is something I enjoy very much. So many nice songs I doubt I would have ever heard - were they not posted here! And no knowledge of a language is necessery - music transcends all barriers! :yeahbaby:

Btw, @АлександрД's hang drum piece is outstanding!
Since he posted a "softer" song, I'll continue in that direction - here's my contribution:

Here's a classic from the late, great Desmond Dekker, originally entitled "Poor Me Israelites," along with a great Maxell tape ad, from the UK, for the "Dekker-Impaired."

Btw, @АлександрД's hang drum piece is outstanding!
I`d used their songs for one of my video here: Dancing sand of Pyana river (RUS)
Was very suitable :)

Thanx for expanding our knowledge of good singers and musicians. Never know Silje before, but this song is too nice!

"In Georgian culture, the Alaverdi is the person granted the right to speak right after the toastmaster, see Tamada"
I`m not georgian, but live there for some years...
In ours, more folk usage, it used as "pass the word" to another speaker.

let`s have some classical

Thanks @АлександрД, glad you enjoyed it :)
Your video of that river is awesome! Missed that post entirely.

Here's another song that I like to listen to when chilling.
Unfortunately, I could only find it on Cloud, so it's not exactly a video (I mentioned this in one of my previous posts).
But the song's nice:

Marta Topferova - Obsesionada

Thanks for clarifyng in one of your previous posts that it's not just about music videos - it's the actual music that counts. I was under the impression that one should only post in this thread if the video somehow stands out.
Nah, pull up a chair, enjoy. No way you can be wrong in this thread.

I have a few songs to share where there's no video to speak of at all - just a static screen. But the music - to my ear & taste at least - is cool.
Please share. Nothing more than having the courage to post something you like is required. BTW, I have posted the same. I resubmit:

This thread is kinda loose. "Share a Music Vid". If there is something to look at while enjoying the music, you nailed it. :)

So here is something from my past (I was nine years old at the time) that stuck with me:
I'll bet @Dizzi Lizzi could come up with something that stuck with her too...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom