I need a tall backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crackerbacks

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a tall(~18”) backplate. I have been on the freedom plate list for a long time with no end in sight.....
Any other recommendations that I can get now? The only one I can find is the scuba force black devil, anyone have any exp? I am open to other brands I they are available.

currently using a dive rite, I like the plate but it is way to short

Yeah, they are like unicorns... I think there was a DSS long pattern just recently in the classifieds. Fred-T plates are occasionally there too..

I could put you in my will (DSS Kydex and SS in Long, DSS SS XLong, and a Tall FP), but I plan to be around for a pretty long time...

Good luck!

Halcyon makes one, although availability varies, especially with SS. I know we have someisome stock, but haven't ordered long pattern SS in a while.

I like the weight of the heavy SS Scubaforce one, but it fits... weird. And it pushes cannisters waaay far back on your hips.

Thanks for the input, I was a bit nervous about the scubaforce, I have not seen anything on them. I would love a DSS but the shipping and expert tax is hard to swallow

kent tooling or custom divers in the uk

Agree with kent tooling. They are great to deal with. I've ordered quite a few things from them and they make it to the US usually with 10 days and their shipping costs aren't nuts.
They have a long plate. I've never seen it, but everything they make is high quality so I'm sure their plate is too.

Extra Long Open Circuit Backplate 530mm x 265mm (2.5kg)

125 pounds, about $165, seems high to me. Almost the same price as the plate

Attachments

• 37CDF9ED-04DF-4FC1-B479-39CD2764F84A.png
    37CDF9ED-04DF-4FC1-B479-39CD2764F84A.png
    212 KB · Views: 51
127 pounds, about $165, seems high to me. Almost the same price as the plate

I would email them. They can give you a confirmatory quote. I find sometimes those automated postal assumptions are way off when things come from outside of the US. It may be accurate due to size and weight. I've never bought anything from them as long as that plate but I have bought stuff just as heavy. I think the absolute worst the shipping ever was was about $40 US.
The people at Kent tooling are very nice and very helpful. Obviously there can be a 24 hour delay in them getting back to you due to time differences between here and the UK.

I agree at that shipping price I'd skip it. But they may be able to get it to you cheaper.

I ordered some regs from europe and originally was quoted $100 shipping. When I emailed them they found the real cost was about $28.

I would email them. They can give you a confirmatory quote. I find sometimes those automated postal assumptions are way off when things come from outside of the US. It may be accurate due to size and weight. I've never bought anything from them as long as that plate but I have bought stuff just as heavy. I think the absolute worst the shipping ever was was about $40 US.
The people at Kent tooling are very nice and very helpful. Obviously there can be a 24 hour delay in them getting back to you due to time differences between here and the UK.

I agree at that shipping price I'd skip it. But they may be able to get it to you cheaper.

I ordered some regs from europe and originally was quoted $100 shipping. When I emailed them they found the real cost was about $28.
I they just replied to my email.... 67Lbs to ship it... that still $88 shipping. I wish they had a local distributor. I’m open to other ideas other than the scuba force

Back
Top Bottom