Help: G2 vs Win10 pro, connection failed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cafe

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I just tried upgrade firmware ver 1.5 to 1.6, and noted my G2 couldn't be recognized by the Win 10 pro desktop. Charging mode was fine, but neither Disk mode or Log mode works :
File explorer/finder could not locate G2. With Logtrak, only COM1 port but no USB device was shown.

Everything was fine last time when I did firmware upgrade ( ver 1.4 to 1.5 ), it must be almost 12 months ago.
Any comment would be greatly appreciated

It should be easy to go back to an older firmware version, see how that works, and try an upgrade again with a new file. Perhaps something got corrupted?

Adam

I just checked my G2 and it's running 1.6 and works fine so I suspect the file may be corrupted. Go back to 1.5, delete your 1.6 file, re download the 1.6 file and try installing again.

I just checked my G2 and it's running 1.6 and works fine so I suspect the file may be corrupted. Go back to 1.5, delete your 1.6 file, re download the 1.6 file and try installing again.
If he can't get it to work in disk mode then he's not going to be able to install firmware. Therefore going back to 1.5 is not possible. He's probably going to have to send it back to Scubapro unless the problem turns out to be something other than the dive computer its-self.
Hi, I just tried upgrade firmware ver 1.5 to 1.6, and noted my G2 couldn't be recognized by the Win 10 pro desktop. Charging mode was fine, but neither Disk mode or Log mode works :
File explorer/finder could not locate G2. With Logtrak, only COM1 port but no USB device was shown.

Everything was fine last time when I did firmware upgrade ( ver 1.4 to 1.5 ), it must be almost 12 months ago.
Any comment would be greatly appreciated
I would try a different cable. If that doesn't work, try another computer (PC not dive). Failing that I bet you'll have to send it in.

If he can't get it to work in disk mode then he's not going to be able to install firmware. Therefore going back to 1.5 is not possible. He's probably going to have to send it back to Scubapro unless the problem turns out to be something other than the dive computer its-self.

I would try a different cable. If that doesn't work, try another computer (PC not dive). Failing that I bet you'll have to send it in.
If the old 1.5 file is still on his wrist unit I think he can load it without using the PC.

Yes! G2 is ok with 1.5 firmware now. The cable is good for charging only, but not for disk mode or log mode. 5 PC / desktop were tried now, one XP pro pro and 4 Win10 pro.
I dare not try the factory settings before finding another cable : trying but not possible now. :(

Yes! G2 is ok with 1.5 firmware now. The cable is good for charging only, but not for disk mode or log mode. 5 PC / desktop were tried now, one XP pro pro and 4 Win10 pro.
I dare not try the factory settings before finding another cable : trying but not possible now. :(

Scubapro is actually quite good at customer service IMO and they'll probably replace the defective cable for you at no charge. You may need a Scubapro dealer to send it in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom