It finally happened: I peed in the dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All this reminds me of a joke.
There are two kinds of wetsuit divers, those who pee and those who lie.
Not that it’s relevant to a drysuit discussion other than there might be those who use a pee valve and those who lie - about not being uncomfortable?

All this reminds me of a joke.
There are two kinds of wetsuit divers, those who pee and those who lie.
Not that it’s relevant to a drysuit discussion other than there might be those who use a pee valve and those who lie - about not being uncomfortable?
As long as I surface within about an hour's time from zipping up, I'm just fine in 98% of the instances.

I can live with that. And as a bonus I don't have to glue a vinyl condom to my junk.

Yes.

No. Because ew.
I mean, it probably works but just get an irrigation syringe from the pharmacy and use that to flush the hose and valve. That way you can use whatever mix of water with vinegar, alcohol, steramine, etc to flush and you get a lot of volume+force with them too. For extra credit, you can get an air nozzle that connects to your BC hose to dry out the valve. Honestly, I think that drying out the assembly is more important.

I'm ultra paranoid about this. I do a disinfecting flush with almost an entire mask case of water + steramine followed by blowing through it with a nozzle until I don't see or feel any more moisture coming out. This is after every dive day. Is it excessive? Maybe. Worth it to me? Totes.
Yes if you have a syringe that way is way better. It’s not really ew though as it’s going out the other direction. And the part your lips are on have not been in contact with the inside of the condom :wink:

How long are the dives you people are making? Am I the only one here who can hold his water for a few hours?
When diving, you need to hydrate more than usual as you can use up to 1l per hour of liquid as the dry gas runs through your body. So if you can easily hold it for a few hours during a full day of diving, you most likely aren’t hydrated enough.

That said, don’t go chugging down a liter right before a dive. You will feel sick in the water and hyper hydration is a bitch.

When diving, you need to hydrate more than usual
I beg to differ. As long my pee is light yellow, I'm assuming that I'm properly hydrated. The human body is a wonderful machine and can compensate for a lot of issues.

I'm not going to hydrate more than that; that only leads to practical issues. Like not being able to hold it for an hour or so while underwater in a drysuit. I've had a couple dives ending with me feeling the yellow rising in my eyes; I don't feel any strong urge to repeat that experience if I can avoid it.

I really like my pee valve. The last 15 min of any dive I was either dying from dehydration or my back teeth were floating. Now I'm at peace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom