Making the leap: help choosing first rb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About the triton there's some vídeos i've made where it's possible to see a friend using it

not a bad thought. Never dove one but I can say divesoft’s customer service is exceptional.

I have a liberty I’ll sell him cheap, will even include instruction :)

Actually, we’re forbidden from charging less than $1500 on an Optima class. That’s not to say it doesn’t happen. You can’t price fix in the US, but our agreement to be able to sell and teach on Optima is that we won’t teach for less than $1500. I won’t risk my relationship with Dive Rite to save you a few bucks. Sorry

I've seen several instructors say that if you buy a brand new unit through them, training is included

Question for the optima people regarding boat dives. Since the scrubber is horizontal, any issues with it settling on a bumpy ride out, and having a big fat channel running the length of the scrubber? I would think proper packing would resolve the problem before it starts, but we can't all be perfect all the time.

One of the reasons I went with an SF2 is that it has a spring loaded top plate on the scrubber so settelling is taken care of if it happens.

I've seen several instructors say that if you buy a brand new unit through them, training is included
Can't do that with the Meg, markup isn't high enough. I'd make that offer with a P2 though.

Question for the optima people regarding boat dives. Since the scrubber is horizontal, any issues with it settling on a bumpy ride out, and having a big fat channel running the length of the scrubber? I would think proper packing would resolve the problem before it starts, but we can't all be perfect all the time.

One of the reasons I went with an SF2 is that it has a spring loaded top plate on the scrubber so settelling is taken care of if it happens.

Use the cartridge and then it doesn't matter. In the mid-Atlantic all the boat rides are bumpy.

I do that on the Poseidon, Mod 1 is included if you buy a unit through me (consumables and gas excluded)

Name one optima instructor that’s doing that. I’m genuinely asking.

I do that on the Poseidon, Mod 1 is included if you buy a unit through me (consumables and gas excluded)

talk about a crap rebreather, lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom