Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• exosuit003-fw.jpg
    exosuit003-fw.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 70
Interesting to note how I coined the name "Split Fin".( a story ) From the V shaped Force fin to a split Foil Force fin.Foil Force Fin – Force Fin Notice how this Design Patent seperated the foot pocket from the blade design. Then I covered the Force Fin open toe foot pocket design. One of the 33 patents received. Total cost for Patents was around $ 750,000, not counting time to make these Force fin designs and cost of the tooling. WOW, looking back wish I had slipped all that money into my pocket. Might be over One Million. And the thousands of dollars advertsing and trade show,,,, Live and learn. Aqua Corps Cover Story – Force Fin

Attachments

• pat-foil001-w.jpg
    pat-foil001-w.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 55
  • pat-foil002-fw.jpg
    pat-foil002-fw.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 64
  • pat-foil003-fw.jpg
    pat-foil003-fw.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 63
  • pat-foil004-fw.jpg
    pat-foil004-fw.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 61
  • pat-foil005-fw.jpg
    pat-foil005-fw.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 50
What did the split fin patent get you?

Good question. It established our independent priority for the invention. It added to our chain of art record, so when Natures Wings, its licensees and IP insurance agency tried to shut Force Fin down, there was no way for them to do it. We didn't enforce on any of the licensees, because paying royalties added to their cost of goods, which tipped competitive advantage from a pricing standpoint more in ouf favor than generally is the case given our quality vs. the others. In assessing the cost of a lawsuit vs. possible recovery, we decided that was the smart way to go. Plus I knew his Company was going to fail.

Attachments

• pat-foil-gear001-fw.jpg
    pat-foil-gear001-fw.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 51
  • foot002-fw.jpg
    foot002-fw.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 63
  • pat-foil-gear007-fw.jpg
    pat-foil-gear007-fw.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 52
  • a-62-clean-resized.jpg
    a-62-clean-resized.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 55
What about all the other split fins, seems like they were all working off your patent
Another story down the road. I do understand when they want to take you out they can. When they have the PRESS in their pocket watch out.

Attachments

• micro-disk-all-004.jpg-fw.jpg
    micro-disk-all-004.jpg-fw.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 60
Looks like Whisker will be 3-D printed here in USA. Going to be interesting to learn the cost next week. But no matter the price we can again bring this technology back and add to the fleet the Bat Wings and other design ideas. Drawings from a long tme ago. Dick Long with a set of Bat Wings.

Attachments

• forcefin-scans313-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans313-fw.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 61
  • forcefin-scans314-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans314-fw.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 58
  • forcefin-110-fw.jpg
    forcefin-110-fw.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 47
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back