New ScubaPro Galileo Luna update help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wbflyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey All,

Just got my new computer, need to upgrade to the PMG that came with it but can't seem t find an irda to work with it without buying the ScubaPro one for $90. Am I stuck doing that? I guess I didn't realize it used 1980's communication technology.. my bad.

Any ideas where I can find one?

Thanks!!

What Operating System are you running on your computer? That's the biggest issue regarding irda today.

If you're running iOS, you'll be looking at a standard irda running in a windows emulator or side-boot.

If running Win7, most aftermarket irda will have no problem.

If running Win10, there is a very specific version which, with tinkering, will work. I'm on mobile at the moment, but search for Win10 irda here if that situation applies to your case.

Thanks D-Fresh,
I'm on Windows 10 with the latest updates. Do you recommend any specific irda devise?

Can someone sell me or recommend an IRDA device? Not sure which ones work with the Luna other than the ScubaPro one but it is $80. If that is my only choice then I guess I'll buy it.

If you're unable to locate a new one online, then I'd suggest posted a WTB in the Dive Computers Classified forum or, unfortunately, pony up for the Uwatech/ScubaPro kit, which can be found online a bit cheaper than MSRP.

FYI I have been looking around for the past half year or more to find cheaper USB IrDA adaptors for our own customers and they have pretty much ALL disappeared. The ones that do show up are now more $$$$ than the ridiculously expensive ScubaPro one. I would just buy the ScubaPro one and be done with it. Of course it would be great if you can instead find someone willing to sell their's used so a "WTB" post wouldn't hurt. But I'd be mentally prepared to buy the ScubaPro one afterwards if you don't get a response.

Hey All,

Just got my new computer, need to upgrade to the PMG that came with it but can't seem t find an irda to work with it without buying the ScubaPro one for $90. Am I stuck doing that? I guess I didn't realize it used 1980's communication technology.. my bad.

Any ideas where I can find one?

Thanks!!
I have an extra one for my Scubapro Tech 3G. I got it to work with Windows 10 following someone's instructions and tweaking some settings. I'll enclose a photo of the two of them. I'd sell it for a nominal fee plus shipping.
Adam

Attachments

• 9EE6A7D6-B93D-463B-8178-0C83E0AF7E58.jpeg
    9EE6A7D6-B93D-463B-8178-0C83E0AF7E58.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 57
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom