Nitrox for 20 dives in 5 days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel better when they give me cold watermelon after the dive.

Mmm, the krentenbollen... What I don't get is all these people apparently having to end the dive in an oxygen bar, or they feel bad. Have they never heard the "so don't do it, then" doctor joke?

Mmm, the krentenbollen... What I don't get is all these people apparently having to end the dive in an oxygen bar, or they feel bad. Have they never heard the "so don't do it, then" doctor joke?
People who feel better breathing Nitrox can check what's wrong with them here, for example.

People who feel better breathing Nitrox can check what's wrong with them here, for example.

Would it still apply to divers, though? -- on a dive we should already be getting hyperoxia from increased PPO2, if that's not enough and they also need to up O2% on top, how come they're able to function topside without an oxygen bottle.

Would it still apply to divers, though? -- on a dive we should already be getting hyperoxia from increased PPO2, if that's not enough and they also need to up O2% on top, how come they're able to function topside without an oxygen bottle.
Beats me. The red blood cells should be almost saturated by O2 under normal conditions (94%-100% at PO2 = 75 to 100 mm Hg), so the increased PPO2 should add more only of the physically dissolved O2, which is useless.

Beats me. The red blood cells should be almost saturated by O2 under normal conditions (94%-100% at PO2 = 75 to 100 mm Hg), so the increased PPO2 should add more only of the physically dissolved O2, which is useless.
I always thought that the main reason for Nitrox was decreased Nitrogen Loading into the tissues rather than a need for increased Oxygen to the tissues. The webpage reference from UCSF has to do with hypoxic patients on land, not scuba diving.

I always thought that the main reason for Nitrox was decreased Nitrogen Loading into the tissues rather than a need for increased Oxygen to the tissues. The webpage reference from UCSF has to do with hypoxic patients on land, not scuba diving.

That particular tangent was about "feeling better" after a nitrox dive, and conceivable medical reasons for that. As in: none that could possibly apply to someone healthy enough to survive a dive.

That particular tangent was about "feeling better" after a nitrox dive, and conceivable medical reasons for that. As in: none that could possibly apply to someone healthy enough to survive a dive.
So are you saying that the degree of nitrogen loading (and offloading) in the tissues has no perceptible feeling by the diver?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom