It finally happened: I peed in the dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Double happiness is when what your pour out of your boots is yellow tinged. It always seems to be the right boot for some reason.

I still haven't gotten past the nervousness of peeing thinking this is it...this is the one that's not gonna work. And then I go and I'm like, well there you go....you just pissed yourself... hoping that I'll feel it leave out of the tube and not spread in the suit.

The things we do for diving. Even 2 years ago I would have said there's no flippin way I'm ever donning an external catheter in the name of diving.

I still haven't gotten past the nervousness of peeing thinking this is it...this is the one that's not gonna work. And then I go and I'm like, well there you go....you just pissed yourself... hoping that I'll feel it leave out of the tube and not spread in the suit.

The things we do for diving. Even 2 years ago I would have said there's no flippin way I'm ever donning an external catheter in the name of diving.
It’s like “crotch” straps, it just sounds weird and people over think it.

I was replying to Lex’s post about peeing while diving wet. Something I readily own up to doing.

I feel like starting a "it finally happened, I had bubble guts in my drysuit, no Warhammer, just mess" thread now

I've only dived w/ my drysuit and P-valve a few times, maybe 10 or 15 dives. Every dive, the first time I use it, I look down and am happy to see a small stream of bubbles escaping. I figure once you push the air out, there ain't gonna be any more back-pressure, so it's all OK after that point, no matter what that warm feeling in my belly / legs is telling me.

It's a balanced valve, so this works fine. Unbalanced, you probably want to prime it first, so in that case I don't think looking for the bubbles would really tell you anything.

Went diving yesterday. Darn if my valve didn't come loose. I didn't piss myself, but there was a good trickle of water until I hopped back out and tightened it on the outside.

I had tried different undergarments yesterday and while getting the suit on I moved the hose around, must have loosened it. Thank goodness I had the little tool to tighten it.

Back
Top Bottom