Wanted ISO: housing for EOS 7D or Eos400D/Rebel Xti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brojas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I’m looking to get into a rig, but am on a budget. I have both of these camera bodies (Canon Eos7d mk1 and 400D/rebel xti) as hand me downs, so I’m thinking that this might be a good way to learn the basics for cheap.

If you have appropriate housing/ accessories for either of these cameras in the back of the closet, I’d appreciate the opportunity. I understand that these are ancient DSLRs by today’s standards, but I just though I’d shoot my shot anyways.

I've connected Ricky with some Ikelite customers I know with housings for those models.

One customer has a Canon Rebel XT camera with 18-55mm lens and Ikelite housing with dome port he's selling. Also a pair of DS50 and DS51 strobes with Ikelite arms, synch cords. etc.

Email me directly and I'd be happy to connect sellers and buyers :)

davidhaas4596@gmail.com

I fully accept that this is a long shot, but am still looking.

@Brojas since you recognize that your search is a long shot, you might want to try contacting Backscatter. When the XTi was a current camera, they carried a very compact aluminum housing for it. I would be shocked if they still had any sitting in the back stock room, but they may be able to help your search. (Or maybe not, but it might be worth a quick call.)

Sorry, but I can't remember the name of the manufacturer, but it wasn't one of the "big name ones of today". I had one with an 8inch dome-port for the Tokina 10-17mm zoom fisheye lens and it was a great combination.

Keep watching the for sale section. I find rather frequently people will divest themselves of something like a Canon 30D and Ikelite housing for a very reasonable price. (or 40D, etc.). Often buying housing plus camera is the best deal you will find, as the person wants it all gone.

That's how I got my DLSR and housing, though it was a few years ago.

Also, whenever a new model camera comes out, people will often sell the older model as they upgrade. If the new model requires a new housing, you get both older camera and housing for (usually) a pretty good price. Often they keep the ports though, but you can also find deals on ports frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom