Seattle Diver Checking In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome thanks! I've only dove that site once before and wasn't sure of the best place/depth to hang out at. Any chance of a GPO around there?

Once you are done at depth looking for sharks head up the slope. There has recently been a medium sized GPO under the giant pipe. (look at a site map attached) If you go very slowly through the sand you are likely to find numerous Red Octos and maybe Stubby Squid.

Attachments

• Redondo 12.pdf
    853.7 KB · Views: 73
So no six gill but we did see a dogfish, juvenile wolf eel, and various other small fish/critters I don't usually see during the day so i'd say it was a success.

So no six gill but we did see a dogfish, juvenile wolf eel, and various other small fish/critters I don't usually see during the day so i'd say it was a success.

25 years of diving the NW and I've only seen a handful of dogfish, and a couple 6-gills. It was months of diving before I ever saw a juvi wolf eel. I'd say you had an outstanding dive.

@fmerkel I would consider it a great dive as well haha.

I went out to Fox Island East Wall on Sunday and had another great dive - saw a Grunt Sculpin which I've never seen before, but not sure if that's an uncommon sighting or not.

@fmerkel I would consider it a great dive as well haha.

I went out to Fox Island East Wall on Sunday and had another great dive - saw a Grunt Sculpin which I've never seen before, but not sure if that's an uncommon sighting or not.

Grunts are not uncommon but always fun to spot.

Sunrise and Dalco Wall August 14, 2020 (39 of 165).jpg

That's a great picture, a lot better than the GoPro Macro shot I took haha. I have never seen one in real life before and found it to be a really funny fish to watch.

They are funny little fish. Not uncommon, but hard to spot.
Worth pointing out is Dave's picture is a baby, very small so incredibly hard to find, and an outstanding shot.

They are funny little fish. Not uncommon, but hard to spot.
Worth pointing out is Dave's picture is a baby, very small so incredibly hard to find, and an outstanding shot.
Thanks! Yes, it was a baby about 1/2 inch long. Lit with snoot. Shot at Sunrise Reef about a week ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom