Red Sea (Egypt) closed (covid-19 confined)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if it's a false positive you have to wait just another 5 hours for a second test :wink:

Honestly, after just spending 12 glorious days in Sharm I can't wait to get back and unless they make it impossible to travel to the country I'm determined to make my way there one way or another for the winter holidays.

Same gig for Egyptians. Let us know how it’s going in Cozumel. I haven’t been there in 7 weeks :)

Cozumel is great. Diving has been lovely. But, boy oh boy, the town is dead. There is a desperation among the shopkeepers that is heart-rending to see.

I asked Egypt Air this morning, here's the answer.
With reference to the latest instructions received from The Egyptian Civil Aviation Authority effective from the 1st of September 2020 and till further notice that all passengers "including Egyptians" travelling to Egypt must be in possession of negative PCR test maximum (72) hours from withdrawal of the sample to the flight departure time
Ø The submitted PCR certificate will be accepted if it meets these requirements:
- It includes the hour and the date of withdrawal of the sample, which is the date on which the 72 hours will be counted.
- Issued by an authorized accredited laboratory and stamped with the laboratory’s stamp and does not contain scraping, cancellation, or addition.
- Indicating the type of sample taken for the swab .
- Indicating that the type of test is (RT - PCR).
> Noting that will not be allowed to on board on any flight with pcr certificate not match with the above instructions.

Today i was supposed to board in Hurghada, but it was cancelled 2 weeks ago. *sigh*
Now i'll start tomorrow a week long offshore sailing voyage in the Baltic Sea (towards Sweden). *Yay, nice*
My rebooked (from early June) travel to Dahab in October was cancelled by TUI. *double sigh*
It is more than likely that the late-January trip to Sinai Divers will be cancelled. *triple sigh*
I am mildly pessimistic about the March/April trip to James&Mac. *quadruple sigh*

Other than that life is good, because i can spent all the saved travel money in new equipment. :rocker:

Just a question: is Egypt on the German list of mandatory quarantine upon return? Because if it's not I see no reason whatsoever why you cannot travel independently. Sure, the 72 hours test is very inconvenient but if you're headed to Dahab you don't need any reservation, you'd be only risking the airplane tickets on the test result.

Btw, Egypt is offering COVID tests upon arrival in the airports of Sharm, Taba, Marsa Alam and Hurghada at the cost of 30$ (you need to wait 6 hours for the result and if the test is positive you will be quarantined in a hotel). Apparently this doesn't apply (yet?) for Cairo flights.

4 Egyptian airports offering COVID-19 tests for incoming travelers - Politics - Egypt

is Egypt on the German list of mandatory quarantine upon return?
Yes, it is...
The tests on arrival are a very strange thing, i think. Did i already said that? sorry, i'm loosing track...

So my saturday boat that was ‘100% guaranteed’ was just Cancelled...

let’s see if I can find another boat in 72 hours :)

If not, make your way to the Breakers :wink:

definitely a backup/ or one of the joints down in PG, but I’m just waiting for some details from the boat before I put them on my ‘never use’ list :)

boat is doing a good job of trying to sort it out actually. I’ll report back...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom