All inclusive resorts suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimbody

Caribbean Connoisseur
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So recently the wife and I along with our friends have been going to different resorts around the Caribbean and taking the all-inclusive package. As a reference we visit the Secrets resorts more than any. if you've ever been to Secrets Akumal or Secrets the Vine in Cancun to accommodate a non diver then you know what I'm talking about. It is incredible luxury and amazing food and the diversity is very welcoming. The drinks themselves are also pretty top shelf as well as they have great liquor. I digress.

My wife really likes luxury as I've spoiled her so. That's kind of bad for me because I'm a diver and I need minimal accommodations to be happy as somebody who visits a destination to be underwater most of the time. I guess what I'm asking is there a good blend of very nice all inclusive accommodations as well as diving for the both of us? If she is spoiled with really nice luxury and can also dive then it may be the best thing for us. I realize Roatan is closed right now but one day it won't be so I don't want to argue about that but I sure would like to know what everyone's experience has been at let's say CCV versus Anthony's Key Resort. That's just one example of course but if there are others that you can recommend around the Caribbean but yes, specifically in Roatan, I would be all ears. I appreciate any and all responses. By the way we just got back from Akumal for a 6-day trip yesterday and the Mexicans know how to deal with this Covid-19 issue. It was incredible. Everybody wore their masks and cleaned around their seat on the plane to and from. It's looking promising so have hope

For a non-diver, AKR will be better than Coco.

Anse Chastenet in Saint Lucia. On site dive shop, isolated beautiful beach. Great service. Its sister resort, Jade Mountain Inn is about 100 yards higher up the hill, if you have an unlimited budget.

Drawback is that you are limited pretty much to what is on property.

I've stayed there three times in the last ten years and can recommend it.

Grand Occidental on Cozumel!

There is no comparable product on Roatan, call it 5* or whatever system you conjure up. Just not happening except in hopeful imaginations. Period. Full Stop. Nope.

AKR or CCV are VERY rustic. CCV is very isolated and has very little yo do but dive. AKR is a litgle less isolated, but not by much. You need to take a boat to reach mainland at both places. Alcohol is extra. Food is better at AKR but not what you are looking for in a resort.

NO AI on Roatan can come close to your expectations.

AKR or CCV are VERY rustic. CCV is very isolated and has very little yo do but dive. AKR is a litgle less isolated, but not by much. You need to take a boat to reach mainland at both places. Alcohol is extra. Food is better at AKR but not what you are looking for in a resort.

NO AI on Roatan can come close to your expectations.

You can get a room on the mainland at AKR and the boat is a 30 second crossing.

You can get a room on the mainland at AKR and the boat is a 30 second crossing.

Reef, So your saying it meets the OP requirment for a luxurious AI resort??? Please specify since I am interested also since I have not found a place that is over the top luxurious the OP requests on Roatan.

Back
Top Bottom