Diving again in Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope you have cancellation insurance, although you bought the package during a travel advisory so I doubt any insurance would offer coverage...
You have no idea how strict the Filipino rules are re.covid19 issues, we just managed to get out at end of July after being stranded for months, and we were lucky as had a very narrow window that closed very shortly after we left.(I won't say how much extra cost us to return) Thousands of Filipinos were stranded in their own country and not allowed to return to their own towns, and now that some do, they are still required to quarantine themselves two weeks at municipal designated facility and an extra week at their community/barangay facility before they are allowed to go home(at least that's how it is in Pd.Burgos So.Leyte)
I can't wait to go back but won't make any plans till all the advisories are lifted.

The liveaboard company gave us a flex booking, so if the travel has not opened up, they will honor the price we paid for 12 months. If there is no travel to philippines, Cathay said the only part that was non refundable was the exit row seats we bought. They wouyld issue a refund for the air, minus that fee, although if I rebook the same flight/route, I can still use it. I believe i have everything covered. Thanks though!

Why is the RoP so much more severe than other places?

Official numbers in the Philippines are about the same as in Canada which has only one third of the population and is held up as a good example of Covid response. If the official numbers are near accurate, then the Philippines has done a remarkable job in controlling the virus given the often crowded and communal conditions a lot of the population lives in.

In some places the lockdowns are being strictly enforced, in others it is almost business as usual. If you know the Philippines, the general attitude here is that the rules are for others not for me.

A responsible person would never suggest anything that he/she has no control of!!!!
Not even the President of Philippines can give you a firm answer for Oct!!

Metro Manila and Cebu City just went back one quarantine level for 2 weeks.

I don't see travel for foreigners or even inter-provincial travel for locals to open up much before the New Year, but that is just my wild ass guess. They may relax and make the quarantine restrictions a little more rational. Even people with proper travel documentation are at risk, local government have changed acceptance policies when people are in the airport, stranding them there.

Locally stranded individuals, people who were away from home when the lockdowns came into effect will get a priority for travel home, some are making it but others are having a very hard time getting anywhere.

There are 3,000 LSI stranded in a sports arena in Manila.

I am still hopeful by the end of November....

I know... I know. Has there been any official announcement yet?

Nothing regarding international tourism (or even inter-island travel for that matter....) Long term business visa holders are once again allowed into the country, but under some strict requirements. As I understand, they have to have negative cov test from their place of departure, as well as a pre-booked space in an approved quarantine facility for a period of time....

Unfortunately, at this rate, I'd be surprised if international tourism is re-opened before the end of Q1 2021....

Nothing regarding international tourism (or even inter-island travel for that matter....) Long term business visa holders are once again allowed into the country, but under some strict requirements. As I understand, they have to have negative cov test from their place of departure, as well as a pre-booked space in an approved quarantine facility for a period of time....

Unfortunately, at this rate, I'd be surprised if international tourism is re-opened before the end of Q1 2021....

More likely to be mid year 2021 at best me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom